Chapter 5: Unregistered Special Grade Curse

"You're a head above the rest when it comes to close combat, Yuji. So what you need to learn right now is how to control your cursed energy, as well as the bare minimum of jujutsu knowledge." You and Gojo noticed Yuji smiled cheerfully out of nowhere, creeping you out.

"What's wrong with you?" You asked him with one brow frowning.

"Oh, it's just that if I'm gonna learn, I'm glad it's from you guys. I'm weak, and I couldn't save anyone. Worse, I almost got Fushiguro killed. I won't be able to face them as I am now. I want to become strong. Teach me how to become the strongest."

You were slightly shocked by his determination and respectful attitude. Your head lowed down as you smiled gently. "Well, thank you, Itadori." You said.

"You've got a keen eye."

"You know, you're the one who dubbed yourself the strongest."

You looked at him as he went silent for a minute before you flinched as he threw his arm over your shoulder. "Well, I'm not the only one. So with (Y/N) too!" You exhaled as you nodded, confirming his words.

"Really?!" Yuji beamed with amazement before he and Gojo suddenly got smacked on their heads by you, they both winced in pain but Gojo has a grin on his face.

"Attention now, boys. There's no time for a chat."

"Aw~, (Y/N). We are just having a teacher-student chit-chat." Gojo whined, you ignored him as you turned to Yuji. "Now, I will show you how it works. Do you see the two cans over there?" Yuji turned to the two cans, you then blasted the green can before you telekinetically twisted the second one.

"Wow!" Yuji exclaimed with amazement.

"This is with cursed energy, and this is with a cursed technique." You told him as you pointed at each of them.

"I see. I don't get it."

"Okay, that's hard to tell." You thought deeply for a moment before you gave him an example. "Think of cursed energy as electricity and cursed technique as appliances. Electricity by itself is hard to use, right? That's why we run electricity through appliances for a variety of uses. I used my pure curse energy on the first can. And I channeled cursed energy into a cursed technique to activate it and twist the can."

"That means, I'm gonna learn a badass cursed technique?!"

"Nope, you can't use cursed techniques."

Yuji went stunned by Gojo's answer. "Huh?!"

"Setting aside simple shikigami and barriers, cursed techniques are fundamentally etched into your body from the day you're born. So the ability to use cursed techniques is about eighty percent innate talent." Yuji slowly turned into the paper as he fell down to the floor weakly.

"You okay there?" You asked.

"I just thought I'd be able to pull off a thunder or fire or a powerbomb or something."

"Well, you were just a normal human before." You said with crossed arms.

"You can still pull off a powerbomb, Onita's right?" Gojo asked.

"This sucks! I wanted to pull off a Spirit Gun or Bankai, or Rasengan, or a Dodon Ray!"

"You can't use them yet." Gojo thought with a smirk as you looked at Yuji with a deadpanned expression. "Eventually, Sukuna's cursed techniques will be engraved into your body."

"I wanted to fire off a Kamehameha! This totally sucks!"

"Let's just ignore what you can't do! We're going to focus on your strengths. We'll apply cursed energy to your physic attacks. I'm way more scared of savage basic attacks than I am of half-assed cursed techniques. Like I just said, your talent for close combat is top-notch."