Chapter 8: Ambush

You watched the monitors that both schools were in their positions at different headstarts.

"We're starting in one minute." Gojo said through the microphone in his hand. "Now, let's hear a few words of well-appreciated encouragement from Iori Utahime-sensei and (L/N) (Y/N)-sensei."

"Huh?!" Utahime exclaimed as your eyes widened with frowning. She stuttered before she began to speak, "U-Uh... Um, some degree of jury will be unavoidable, but, um... now and then, help each other out... or something..."

"Time's up."

"Hey! Gojo, you little...!"

"Time for (L/N)-sensei!" You flinched as Gojo put the mic in front of you. You cleared your throat before you spoke to the mic, "I have a few words to say... It's just... Just winning the game fair and square. No cheating or breaking the rules... because I will know and you will face consequences."

The students slightly shuddered at your threat and they quickly kept that in mind. Gojo quickly put the mic away from you and he began to announce the event.

"Now, let the sister school exchange event... BEGIN!"

"Respect your seniors!" Utahime yelled at him without knowing that the students could hear her.

You watched the event and saw Todo facing the Tokyo students. Yuji used his knee to attack Todo's face, making the rest scatter and go on their separate ways, according to their plan.

You closed your eyes with a hand on your cheek, everyone might think that you were sleeping, but actually, you were using your clairvoyance technique to watch the students rather than from the monitor.

You watched Yuji and Todo chatting instead of fighting and they talked about their type of girls. Yuji told him that his type was like Jennifer Lawrence, a tall and big-butted girl, and Todo quickly concluded that they were best friends.

You could hear that Todo also mentioned you and Yuji agreed that you were very attractive too. You facepalmed mentally as you let out a loud sigh that Gojo could even hear it.

You then saw that Yuji was ambushed by the Kyoto students but suddenly, Todo swapped the places between Yuji and Kamo, saving him. Todo then told his classmates to go somewhere else as he would deal with Yuji alone.

You also observed Panda and Nobara as the former battled with Mechamaru and the latter with Momo. After the battle, Mechamaru was qualified as retired.

You then watched Megumi dealing with Kamo and Maki with Miwa. Miwa began to talk about her financial problems to Maki as she wanted a promotion to raise her family.

You had a small grin on your lips as you knew that everyone who encountered Maki would underestimate her before they knew her true strength. You watched Maki overpower Miwa with ease as she kicked her off the cliff and to the river down below.

You opened your eyes as you realized the monitor was showing the battle between Maki and Miwa. Miwa re-sheathed her sword inside the scabbard as she began to create a simple domain to protect herself.

"New Shadow Style: Simple Domain!"

You had a grin on your lips of Maki's quick-witted to read the opponent's attack, she broke her staff in two and threw one of them to Miwa, distracting her and clashing her staff with Miwa's sword.

Your eyes slightly widened as Maki threw Miwa over her shoulder and secretly stole her sword. All the teachers were observing them through Mei Mei's crow curse technique.

"Fufufu. What an interesting girl. You should promote her to Second-grade already." Mei Mei said at the seat behind you, Gojo and Utahime.

"I feel the same way, but the Zenin clan keeps getting in the way." stated Gojo, "They should just change their position and accept her already."