19: Eddie's Birthday

Start from the beginning

"I'm not kissing you," Lottie warned. "Okay, let's go get you some water." "I'll go," I say standing up and making my way to the bar. Chris was right. I missed a whole conversation I don't even know what happened.

But I do know is Lizzie isn't over Lottie and I don't think Lottie is over Lizzie either, judging from the past week the hand on her thigh had come back. Lizzie did it all the time before they were officially dating and Lottie hasn't pushed it away not once. Not even when it was high on her thigh she's just comfortable under her touch. And she might just forgive her and she might just take her back and then I'll lose her all over again.

Lizzie took up a lot of Lottie's time, given she was also training and working for two jobs and dating and trying to maintain her long term friendships with Tom and Flo so I got pushed out a little but I know that will just happen again.

I felt a hand on the small of my back, I turned to see who it belonged to, the touch was familiar, gentle. "Lottie?" I asked surprised that Lizzie let her go. "Take me home? I'm going to go home with her and it's going to end badly and I just. I want to go home and I want to cuddle with you." She told me looking at me innocently but also stressed. She didn't want to go home with her. "Lizzie won't make you go home with her." "She won't have to make me." She said looking down at her hands. "If you won't take me home can you call me a cab? I lost my phone and my bag and my house keys." She rubbed her face frustrated with herself. "Lottie stay here okay." She nodded. I sat her on the barstool. "Oh, Robert. Take care of Lottie for me." I say pulling him to Lottie.

"Hey, Kiddo." "Daddy?" She asked confused, was she really that drunk right now. Robert looked at me confused. "No, it's me, Robert." "You came back, dad." She touched Robert's face, her eyes kept rolling back. "We need to take her to the ER." He told me. "I missed you dad. Eddie's not here." "Okay, Princess. Come on." He helped her stand making her lean all her weight on him.

I go get my bag and keys from the table and leave the club looking for Robert outside. Lottie was lent into him she couldn't hold herself up no, it's like she's gotten drunker since leaving the dance floor It made no sense. "I think she's been spiked. She's confused, her muscles aren't working." "She was fine a minute ago." "It takes a while to get into her system."

"Lottie, can you stay awake for me?" "I want Lizzie." She looked at me when she said it. "Okay, We'll call her, let's just get you safe first." "Daddy?" "Yes, Princess." "Are we going home now? Forever?" "No, not right now." He told her holding the situation well. "Can I stop being brave now?" He looked at me. "Last thing her dad told her." He nodded. "Just a little longer." She nodded.

We get her into a cab. And I don't start to feel too good either. "Don't think it was just her," I say trying to keep my vision in focus. "Take deep breaths we're almost there." I nodded but that was a mistake. I felt like my head was going to roll off my shoulders and I began to get pins and needles in my hands that travelled up my arms.

"What have you been drinking? We need to call the club and get everyone checked over." He tells me seriously but my brain couldn't make the connections. It felt all blurry and my head was heavy, it felt like there was a magnet connecting it to the floor. "Okay, come here." Robert rested my head on his shoulder. "I got you."

---------

I woke up with an IV in my arm in a white room. "You're awake." I nodded looking at Robert. "What happened?" "A guy at the club, a bar staff thought it would be funny to spike the cocktails you girls were drinking." I felt sick. "You're all okay. Getting fluids, had your stomachs pumped, you're all good." I nodded.

"Lottie?" I asked remembering she was in the worst state than me. "She's in the room with Lizzie... She got scared." "She's okay though." "She's still sleeping. They're worried about her. She had a lot more to drink than most of you." "I want to see her," I say getting out of my bed.