Chapter 19: The showdown

Comenzar desde el principio

"Dude, your hair was on fire." Logan laughs at the mental image making Blaze grin too.

The screen on the wall nearby has a symbol that shows fire, similar to how Logans had a symbol that showed earth and Thalium with sound.

"This is so cool I can't wait to get our dragons." Blaze watches as another student enters the now vacant room.

"Mhm, I wonder what I'll get. Water maybe? It's the opposite of Fire or maybe I'll also get fire." Ria says, her voice full of wonder.

The group of Riders stand still, whenever someone gets an element they can speak to their friends for a short while before they have to go stand with some of the teachers. A few students attempted to stay with their friends but then a teacher would go over and embarrass them, when that happened Ria's group of friends would all laugh.

After waiting for about an hour with the numbers of the crowd no decreasing but the number of people still required to go through the test were starting to dwindle. Ria had been speaking to her friends and only payed attention when one of her friends went in, it wasn't like you could watch their performance so she didn't particularly care to watch.

"Blazey! I have the element of snow! Can you warm me up?" Julie's high pitched voice travels across the crowd to where Ria and Lark stand with Kyle, they are the only three left to go, in their group. Ria snickers, Julie is truly desperate.

"Julie..." Blaze huffs. "Go back to your friends."

"But Blazey-wazey! I need your warmth, I'm colllld." Julie pouts and whimpers quietly.

Both Logan and Thalium are standing beside Blaze grinning, none of their group of friends like Julie. Not even the older kids or Isalors.

"Oh! I can do something about that!" Blaze smiles at Julie mischievously. In return Julie bats her eyelashes. Blaze turns to a guy nearby who is also a fire wielder.

"Yo, Zac!" Zac turns away from his friends for a moment and looks at Blaze, at the beginning of the groups stay at the academy they had found out that Zac had a crush on Julie.

"Whassup Blaze?" They fist bump, Zac spots Julie who is standing behind Blaze and winks.

"Julie here, is cold. Would you mind warming her up?" Blaze grins at Zac and he smiles back.

"Of course!" He gently hugs Julie to his body who struggles to get away and screams to be let go. "There, there Julie. You'll be all warm again." Zac carries Julie away smiling while Julie scowls.

Ria, Lark and Kyle all watched the showdown and started laughing at Julie's expression.

"That was amazing!" Lark is holding her stomach crying with laughter at the scene that just occured. "Ok... Ok." The 3 of them attempt to get their laughing under control and just burst into laughter again.

Wiping away his tears Kyle stands up noticing many people are watching the trio.

"People are staring." Kyle whispers looking around.

"Let them, not our problem." Ria shrugs wiping her face.

A few students in the crowd start whispering again and Ria catches a few of the conversations.

"I bet those girls shoved their cleavage in his face to get him to like them..."

"The prince is lucky those two are HOT..."

"They are so fake!"

"Look at those bods."

"Blaze is so hot, Ria is lucky to have him."