★Love Letter (Turtlejou)★

Start from the beginning

     "Okay," Turtle looked around, distracted. "I don't really know what to think of deep places like this. I think it's cool."

     "Yeah, I've been working on my writing skills as one of the first rainwings in generations to learn how to write," Kinkajou spoke proudly. "I want to know what you think of this letter."

     Kinkajou handed Turtle a pink scroll with an unusual twitching in her talons. Fear took the rainwing's mind as she began to realize the other feelings of a living being. Turtle unwrapped the scroll as he began to read to himself.

     Hello Turtle, I'm glad to see you again, I think. You are probably wondering why I wrote this for you, so I will tell you first. When you left to swim all the way to the edges of our Earth, I grew worried that you might never return. I'm not sure if I'm right in front of you, far away from you or dead, so I want to tell you how I feel about all the things we've been through. I remember when Darkstalker sealed you away in prison and sent me away. I felt so scared and never thought I'd see you again. I remember when Anemone tried to kill you. I didn't hear about it until later, but it made me shake my eyeballs out. I never thought anything interesting would happen in my life and don't know how to deal with these strange new emotions. Everyone tells me I'm small and weak, and maybe I am. I don't know if I can handle worrying about you, Moonwatcher, Qibli, Winter, Glory and everyone else. I can't always be there to protect my friends and to protect you, and I want to be! I'm not sure if I failed to do so, but I hope you can tell me one day.

     Love, Kinkajou.

     Turtle looked up from the scroll and brought Kinkajou in for a hug, "Thank you Kinkajou! I love it, but seriously, you aren't weak. Let me tell you a secret. When I was little, I always wanted to be a great writer like my mother. I looked up to her even though she never looked back at me. I hid my animus magic because I never wanted to be anything. I gave up my dream of writing to be nothing. Saving the world with you has changed my life, and even though I don't have magic in my talons anymore, you make me feel like something. Maybe I want to be something; you made me realize that, Kinkajou. You've done a great job protecting all of us. I never wanted to leave you, but I had too. I'm sorry."

     The heart of the mountain almost seemed like it was beating when Kinkajou responded, "Turtle, ever since Anemone put that spell on me, my emotions have been flipped with you. But now I think I've realized that my feelings have always been flipped with you. I'm not sure what these feelings are or what all these things we've been through together mean, but a wise adult told me that it was called growing up. I think I love you, Turtle."

     "I guess this means I can admit that I've loved you this whole time too," Turtle blushed his fears away.

     For a moment there was this tingle, and then, there was a rushing sense of optimism. The nervous system in the both of them flared with a burst of crazed emotion. A spirit danced within both of their souls as their cheeks hued lighter and lighter. The future was so clear to both of them for just a second as they kissed a tribute to where the young meet the old age. Wisdom could not define any complex feelings of life in the moment, so the two embraced their growing up sensation. They pulled away from each other's mouth, and the feeling parted just as quick as it came. The final words of destiny reached for their ears as they looked at each other once again.

     "I can't believe I had my first kiss at age four!" Kinkajou exclaimed to break the mature moment.

     "So what now?" Turtle asked his new girlfriend.

     "You promise to never leave again!" the rainwing's excited emotions returned fully.

     "Okay, but I can't promise that another evil dragon won't come along and cause us to be world saving dragons again," the seawing felt a repressed desire in the back of his mind.

     "Anyways, you want to go somewhere with me, Moon, Qibli and Winter tonight?" the rainwing granted Turtle's secret wish.

     "Of course! Where exactly?" Turtle asked, feeling like something.

     "The Sandwing Full Moon Festival," Kinkajou answered her valued boyfriend.

     "Sounds like fun," the older dragonet said. "Let's get going now. We don't want to be late."

      The seawing grabbed the rainwing by the claw with newfound energy and let himself be free with her. They ran out of the heart of the mountain, bringing a new one with them. The animus with restrained magic in his claws was granted the most beautiful chance at new lifestyle, and the young, energetic rainwing was given the chance to rebirth in growth, receiving what the author of her life story could never give her.

     "Growing up" -Love, Kinkajou.