★Won't you Share this Steak with me? (Cleril)★

The beautiful, burning flame charged through the sky down to the craggy twin peaks of Jade Mountain. The flame was a deadly, living creature that exhibited optimism and no desire to harm nature's controlled environment. She must stay in control and be one with that nature; she must not listen to the chaos whispering in her mind, a Scarlet to her poor, gullible soul.

     Jade Mountain was fast approaching, and soon, Peril needed to land, softly. She slowed her graceful movements and prepared her claws for landing. Her wings catched the air as she was dragged backwards, slowly like a parachute was on her back. The skywing's talons grabbed the ground as she touched the little grass that grew so high on the mountaintops. Nature screamed as the firescales' failed to prove her innocence; the air carried light smoke, and grass was now smoldered into ash.

     Peril was invited to the academy by her precious, mudwing, Clay to help teach a safety lesson. She was thrilled and volunteered swiftly with great apprehension of making a mistake; she couldn't think about failing... him. A cheerful nightwing was there to greet her at the door, unterrified of suffering a horrendous death of flames and ash.

     "Hi Peril!" Fatespeaker gave the skywing a friendly welcome, holding her claw out to bring her inside.

     "Hello Fatespeaker. Where's Clay?" Peril demanded, ignoring the nightwing's kindness.

     Rather than answering, Fatespeaker led the firescales inside. The complex cave systems pressed on Peril's mind as every wall began to look the same. After what seemed like hours, the dragons arrived at the healing center. Fatespeaker pushed open the wooden door to let Peril inside since the skywing was poorly disabled.

     "He's waiting for you," the dark purple dragon said to Peril, perfectly aware of what the skywing's heart desired.

     Peril edged the corner of the small cave and maneuvered around the dragonets' vulnerable scales. Clay watched her with amusement and complete trust that they wouldn't have to face a real emergency in today's health class. The students made it through the suspenseful few minutes safely, and Peril successfully moved from the door to the front desk in record time, for her at least.

     "I'm glad you came," Clay told her in a deep, warm tone.

     "Me too. I'm so glad to be apart of this lesson!" Peril said loudly for every student to hear. "What's first?"

     "Introduction," the mudwing teacher said like he was asked a rhetorical question.

     "Oh right, if you don't know me dragonets, I'm Peril, the firescales," the skywing said mysteriously.

     "And she will help me demonstrate the danger of fire. Touch this Peril," Clay held out a scroll to the firescales.

     Peril enthusiastically tapped the papyrus scroll and incinerated it into ashes. The students watched with aww and awareness of how dangerous this dragon was. The cinders floated to the ground with small embers not too far behind.

     "Fire is extremely dangerous and requires scarce equipment to be cured-" Clay was cut off by Peril's remark.

     "Don't touch fire, and don't touch me! And you won't die!" the skywing said cheerfully.

     "Peril, that's not my point. They weren't born yesterday; they need to learn the importance of how to cure burns," the mudwing remarked, impatiently. "Nice try though, but let me finish talking first next time."

     Peril messed up, and she was devastated. Did she even know what she signed up for? She wasn't fit to be Clay's substitute; was she even meant to be here. Clay's soft blabbering faded into the background as she grew distracted in her angst. Then, a voice called out to her.