★The Royal Feast (Ripnami)★

Tsunami was in her element after so long of being imprisoned within mountains whether it was the cause of prophecy or a school authoritative position. The sea currents, she'd finally gotten used to. The seawing swam through the ocean's clear, dark waters. A royal feast awaited her.

     Tsunami was going to visit her family, including her hundreds of brothers; she had no idea just how big her family was, so she was aiming to see her mother and Auklet again, and of course, she could not forget Riptide, the leader of the Talons of Peace. Would her mother accept the supposed traitor seawing into her feast? Tsunami was anxious for once.

     Her angst grew as she passed the old Summer Palace. The poor, burned structure was unfixable, and the seawing ignored it. This royal feast was not going to be held at the Deep Palace, which was strange; Tsunami had thought because the palace was underwater, and she couldn't speak aquatic yet, her mother arranged the feast on a nearby island. She continued surging through the open water until a distant island, decorated with torches, entered her field of vision and stood against the setting sun.

     The graceful seawing slowed her movements as she approached the island's beach. She touched sandy ground as she rose out of the water. The beach was filled with seawing princes and servants, and Tsunami's mother and baby sister were among them. Tsunami searched for the only part of her family she knew well and found them near the temporary tables set up on the island. Auklet had grown since the last time Tsunami saw her and her mother never changed; the queen wore the same jewelry and prized expression when she saw her little princess again after so long.

     "There's my missing princess! It has been a while!" Queen Coral said to her daughter as Auklet shuffled onto the ground.

     "Hi mother," Tsunami smiled, softly as Auklet came to hug the seawing's leg. "How's construction on the new Summer Palace?"

     "Yes I know. This is not the ideal place for a royal feast, but It's the only way I'll get to talk to you," the queen stated, logically. "Construction is going... unwell. Somebody's already been crushed by a falling rock; I'm sure their family's doing okay with their funeral. We've gotten I'd say... a quarter done."

     "Okay..." Tsunami wondered if her mother had any sympathy for the lower class.

     "Feast starts soon honey," Coral reminded her daughter as Auklet jumped into the queen's claws.

     "Where's my special guest?" the seawing princess asked, suspiciously. "He wasn't trashed by any guards was he?"

     "He's in one piece." Queen Coral sighed.

     "Good," Tsunami left to find the leader of the Talons Of Peace.

     The daughter of the seawing queen looked around the royal beach at the seawings who all looked the same; no wonder Queen Coral can't tell her sons apart. She tried to spot a handsome face among the crowd and didn't consider the possibility that he was right behind her.

     "Got you squid-brain!" a familiar voice sang out to Tsunami as she was pushed to the ground.

     "Get off me Riptide!" Tsunami screamed out in mischief as she squirmed under the seawing's grasp.

     "Okay, but you have to admit I got you good," Riptide smiled hopefully.

     "Not a chance," the seawing princess said, Riptide's face dimming. "But you are strong."

     "I'm so happy to see you again!" the handsome seawing obsessed over his love interest.

     "Me too! How did you find time to come?" Tsunami asked, getting up off the ground.