18: Welcome To The Farm

Start from the beginning

"Think you can keep up?" She asked smirking before taking off with Hank. "No fair, I've been out of practice," I call to her getting Luna to catch up. She waited for me to get to her before having Hank trot beside me she gave me a tour of the whole farm. It was amazing, I can see why she loved it so much here.

"Rose would love it." "You should bring her some time. Pops loves having people here." She tells me. "Thanks." "Oh, and If grandpa asks about my eye, tell him it was an accident on set." "You don't have to lie... Tell him what happened." "He'll report it and he'll take it all the way. I'm his little girl." "He should be reported." "They'll stop Rose from seeing him... My dad did bad things but he loved me... Colin loves Rose." She explained. We got back to the stables and spoke no more of it.

Lottie brushed through each of the horse's manes before we went in. Her hand brushed against mine as we walked through the fields. I wanted to hold her hand but I didn't want to cross the line of friendship. I didn't want to mess this up.

"How was the ride?" "It was good. I miss it here." "Well you finish filming soon I'm sure you'll be home after." I felt sad that the movie was almost over, it would mean I wouldn't see Lottie most days. She'd be in a different country. We'd do press for the movie but that will be after the summer. When the films were released.

"And you'll bring that little girl of yours I've heard so much about," Charles said looking at me. "She'd love to visit." I smiled thanking him. "I made soup... Your grandmother's recipe." He said looking at Lottie who had a smile on her face. She stood up and got three bowls out whilst her grandpa cut some freshly baked bread. It's so homely here. Everything I looked at made me think of how many memories would be here.

Lottie seemed so happy here, happier than she's been all trip. She set the soup in front of me. "You like this. It's the one I made for you when you had that cold." "Oh, I loved that." She sat beside me and we ate together.

"Charlotte could you go through your brother's things, take out what you'd like to keep." "Just send it all to my apartment... Dump it there." She says looking into her bowl. I rested my hand on her knee and squeezed it for support. "Lottie that is a lot of stuff to-"Just ship it okay." She stood up sharply and left the room.

Her grandpa sighed and rubbed his face. "Has spoken about him? Ever?" "Told me how he died... And how he protected her as a kid. Made her smile." "Could you go to her? Make sure she's doing okay? I shouldn't have pushed her." "Yeah of course."

I go to her room straight away and she was sitting on her bed. "Lottie?" "I don't want to talk." She told me straight away. "This is a good trip. We're going to have a good time and not think about shitty ex-husbands or dead siblings." She tells me but she was spiralling. "Your grandpa is worried about you." She looked at me then looked away. "He's scared I'm going to do what Edward did... That's why he sent you up here." She said bluntly. "You wouldn't though right?" I asked sitting beside her. "No. I wouldn't because I have shit to do. Like help in the store and clean up the house and make sure the barn is all leak-free before the rain starts next month."

"I'll help." "No, you should relax. It's your week off." She stands up but I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her on top of me stopping her from disappearing to do jobs in the house.

"Scar, I have things to do." She whined at me. "I have things to do to... Like, cuddle and nap and cuddle some more." I told her as I moved us further up the bed. I let her lay beside me. "How are you and Florence?" I asked causally stroking her hair. "Just friends... Well, I think so. Currently, she's freezing me out." "What did you do?" "Why is it always me doing something?" She asked offended laughing slightly. "You're you. It's always you." "Thanks." She pushed away from me but my arm was still around her waist so I pulled her right back into my side.

"So what happened? Did she get bored of the sex?" I teased her. "Definitely not. I was just too good at it." "Oh yeah, that's definitely a reason to stop having sex with someone." "She gets feelings for me." "And you didn't? I mean Flo is hot." "Not going back there." She says moving slightly leaning her head on my chest her hand laying on my torso. "So what's happened?" "I asked if she needed space or not. She said she didn't know... But I guess she knows now." "You'll get back to friends again. I've seen you have a screaming match and then two seconds later you're hugging and singing together." She nodded.

"Can I sleep?" "Yeah go for it." When she fell asleep I felt her whole body relax and her hand slid down my torso due to that. I sucked in a breath at the sensation it stopped moving at the waistband of my leggings and she rested it there. I stopped stroking her hair and I saw her pout in her sleep, it was the cutest thing. "Sorry," I mumbled to her resuming the hair stroking, her leg moved over mine and she looked so comfy and cosy in my side. I tried to stop the thoughts about how this is how it should be but I couldn't. I wanted her to be mine and only mine but she didn't see me that way. I don't think she ever would.

If she didn't get feelings back for someone she once loved whilst sleeping with them for three months what chance did I have. Though I didn't cheat on her so I had that in my favour.

"Is she okay?" Charles said standing at her door. I nodded. "Sleeping," I whispered smiling as I looked at her. "She works too hard, that's why she can sleep like that." "Agreed, she needs to learn to relax," I say. He nodded. "Might as well get some rest. She'll probably wake up for dinner." "Okay."

He left us and I took his advance and got some sleep. We got woken up for dinner and Lottie seemed to be in a better mood again. She helped dish it up and then sat beside me again. She apologised to her grandpa for her behaviour earlier and he said she didn't have to go through Eddie's stuff yet. As long as it was sorted before Christmas when the Pugh's stay over.

"Florence and her family have been staying with us at Christmas since we were 11." "They got up to all sorts. Especially when Tom was here. The three of them got up to all sorts." Lottie smiled looking at her food. "Ice skating on a frozen lake. Climbing to the barn roof. Hay forts." Charles listed off.

"We were adventurous kids." "And I got lectured by your ballet teacher when you broke your ankle falling from the roof." She laughed. "I still danced." She defended. "And you shouldn't have." "I had my boot on I was fine." She dismissed it. "You climbed on a barn roof." "Yeah. Are you surprised?" "Yeah... Because you cried when you went up on the platform at work." "Didn't cry, I was nervous. Because I didn't want to break my ankle again." "Oh, so it's PTSD." We laughed.

"I'll go lock the animals up for the night. You go shower." She tells me. "That you telling me I smell." "I was being nice. We only have so much hot water." "Aren't you sweet," I say pecking her cheek. She scrunched her nose up.

Charles showed me how their shower works in Lottie's bathroom. I showered and got out as quick as I could trying to make sure there was some hot water for Lottie after she's been out in the freezing cold.

She walked in when I was halfway through changing. "Sorry." "It's fine," I tell her keeping my back to her. I pulled my trousers on and then I felt her fingers tracing the scar on my back. "Lottie. Please." "Did he do it?" "No." I pulled my top on which stopped the contact. "My mum did it," I tell her turning around to look at her. She looked sad. "I'm sorry." "No big deal." 'You tense when I touch it. It's a big deal." "It's ugly," I say. Colin hated it. He'd scream and shout whenever he touched it or you could see it in one of my dresses.

"It's not ugly Scarlett." "It's not the most attractive thing is it?" "You're beautiful. Everything about you." She walked away getting some clothes out of her case. "I'm going to shower. I'll be back soon enough."