Trust fall

The members had already eaten the evening meal and were now waiting for the activity the staff had prepared for them.

They were gathered in the living room, playing their favorite card game.

"FIVE STRAWBERRIES" shouted Niki, as he won the game.
"Why do you always win anyway?" asked Sunoo, pouting.
"That's because I'm better than you at this game" replied Niki, teasing his hyung.

They started a playful fight while the others cheered and betted on who would win this round.

Finally, the staff arrived, saving Niki from loosing to a determined Sunoo.

"Please gather" asked the staff. "We prepared several little games to help you create a good group spirit!"

A second staff came, with a boom box in his hand.

"You all know the musical chair game right?" he asked. As everyone nodded, he continued his explanation "We're playing that, but one rule changes. Each turn, we're taking a chair out, but none of you is eliminated, got it?"

"So we will end up doing a pyramid on one chair?" asked Niki, amused.
"We'll see until when you can go, we don't want anyone hurting themselves of course" the staff answered, a little worried about Niki's smile.

The members were excited. They hadn't played that in years.
They gathered six chairs in a circle, waiting for the music to begin.

***Do Do Do Do Do you ever?***

Chamber 5 started playing and they ran around the chairs, singing their song. The staff pressed pause and everyone sat as quickly as possible in a chair, except for Jungwon, who hadn't been fast enough. He was facing Jay, who instantly opened his arms, inviting him to sit on his lap.

Oh Boy.

Jungwon sat on Jay's lap and it was comfortable. He felt Jay's breath on his neck and tried not to smile.

We're so close.

He didn't have anymore time to think about that though. The staff soon pressed play again and took one of the chairs out of the circle.
When they pressed pause, Heeseung and Niki were the last standing. Heeseung sat on Jake's lap and Niki literally jumped on Sunoo, who just laughed with the youngest.

The game continued and each round they had to be more and more concentrated.

When only three chairs remained, Sunoo sat on Jungwon's lap, Jake on Sunghoon's and Heeseung on Jay's. Niki didn't hesitate once and climbed the chairs to sit in between them.

Jungwon had guessed what the maknae was going to do, so he helped him climb and secured his legs.
The staff thought this was too dangerous and decided to change the position of the two remaining chairs. They were now side by side, instead of back to back.

****Do you ever dream of dreams?****

They hit pause and the young idols ran for it. Jay and Jake were sitting on the chairs, with respectively Sunghoon and Heeseung on their laps. Sunoo and Niki had decided to hang from the back of the chairs like monkeys. Jungwon didn't know what to do. Sunghoon and Heeseung called him, so he laid down on them. His torso was on Sunghoon's lap, whereas his legs were on Heeseung's. He turned his head and saw that Jay was smiling at him.

"You're cute like that" he said, and only Jungwon heard, as the others were busy laughing and being loud.

Jungwon blushed and was saved by the staff ending the game.

"You did very well!" they congratulated. "Ready for the next game?"

They all cheered. They had warmed up and were excited to continue playing.

The staff secured the floor and asked the members to take turns in doing trust falls. Niki went first and the others followed.

When it was Jungwon's turn, he looked at the members and was encouraged by their smiles.
He turned himself and let himself fall, soon caught by the members hands.

Are those Jay's hands on my right shoulder? They're warmer than the rest.

They continued playing until the staff asked them to sit together.
The final activity was a pointing game.

They were asked several questions and Jungwon was shocked to see the members pointing at him for the member who took the most care of them.
He felt shy about it, but was grateful for the members. He really tried his best to care care of them, so it felt nice being acknowledged.

The game ended and the staff told them the next activity would be tomorrow at 10 am.

"Do you guys really think I'm the one who shouts the most?" asked Jay laughing.
"That's a good definition of you" replied Sunghoon, teasing his old friend.

Jay shook his head desperately.

"I'll teach you all how to take better selcas if you want!" said Sunoo, extremely proud that the members had chosen him as the best selcas taker.
"Please do" answered Heeseung, who still was uncomfortable with it.
"I feel closer to you after today" said Jake. "I'm really grateful to debut with you!"

They all agreed. Truth was that they were slowly getting over the stress and competition of I-Land and learning to be a good team.

"That's true" said Jungwon. "I wanted to add that I know I've been acting a little different these days. Today I spoke with Heeseung and I realized that I should have told you all that I felt a lot of pressure for us to debut well."
"I think at a certain level we all do Jungwon" replied Sunghoon.
"Yeah, but we have each other" added Niki.
"If that happens again, you can always talk to us Won, don't keep yourself away" said Jay.

Jungwon looked at him and saw something unexpected in his eyes. He looked hurt that Jungwon wasn't feeling well.

"I promise I will come to you guys" replied Jungwon, grateful.
He saw Jay's face relax a bit.

~

Jungwon and Sunoo were laying in bed, in the dark.

"Are you tired?" asked Sunoo in a whisper.
"Not really, you ?" replied his roommate.
"Nope. How about I ask you questions, and you answer them?" said Sunoo.
"You really want to play the truth game?" asked Jungwon laughing.
"Would you rather play truth or dare?" answered Sunoo.
"Let's go, you start" said Jungwon.
"Truth or dare?" asked Sunoo in a dramatic voice.
"Truth" chose Jungwon.
"Have you ever dated someone?" asked Sunoo.
"No, I haven't yet. When I was in school, a girl asked me out but I refused" answered Jungwon.
"Oh really? Who was she? Why did you say no?" asked Sunoo, excited.
"No, no, no, it's only one question! Now it's your turn" replied Jungwon. "Truth or dare?"
"Truth too" said Sunoo, disappointed.

"I saw you writing your name on the window of the bus some days ago. You added Niki's name and drew a heart, so my question is, do you like him?" asked Jungwon.
"We've been through a lot during I-Land you know? We spent a lot of time in the Ground together, but I wouldn't say I like him" answered Sunoo, hesitating near the end. "Your turn, truth or dare?"

They played like that for a while, but neither of them ever chose dare, because they were too lazy to get up.
After a while they fell asleep. Jungwon heard some noise in the middle of the night but didn't get up to check it.

Maybe he should have.