thirty two ; gridlock part three

Start from the beginning

She jumped down, coughing under the bandana. "How many more of these?" She asked him.

The Doctor shrugged. "No idea," he replied, "sorry, love."

She rolled her eyes, and he sonic'd the next door, jumping through quickly.

"Capsule open."

A bright red motorcar this time, with red fur lining the walls, a red mask planted next to the television, and a red man in a red suit sat at the steering.

The Doctor saluted the man and Luna rolled her eyes, readying herself to jump again. "Sorry about this, just passing through," she jumped down and steadied herself next to the Doctor.

"Here we go again."

✰☾✰

"Capsule open."

Luna smiled at a man in a black and white suit with a fedora, who stared at her and the Doctor in shock. His motorcar being far less extreme than some of the others she'd spotted, with only minor decorations lying around.

The Doctor leaned down to open another door, but the man exclaimed in surprise.

"Excuse me!" He grabbed their attention. "Is that legal?"

Luna smiled under her bandana, before erupting into a fit of coughs. "Sorry, motorway foot patrol," she addressed him in between coughs, "just passing through."

"Whatever," the Doctor coughed, taking off her bandana. "You got any water?"

"Certainly," the man agreed, grabbing a small cup and filling it up with water from next to his seat, handing it to the Doctor. "Never let it be said I've lost my manners." He did the same with another cup, handing it to Luna.

"Is this the last layer?" The Doctor asked the man, rubbing Luna's back gently as she coughed, drinking her water slowly.

"We're right at the bottom," the man nodded, "nothing below us but the fast lane."

"Can we drive down?"

"I'm not sure it's a good idea," the man disagreed.

"We have three!" The Doctor protested. "Come on, just go down."

"I don't know..."

The Doctor growled, walking over to the door under the floor and opening it easily.

"You can't jump down!" The man declared. "It's 1000 feet down!"

Luna leaned next to the Doctor, narrowing her eyes at something roared below them slithering in the darkness.

"What's that noise?" The Doctor asked.

"I try not to think about it."

"What are those lights?" Luna asked. "What's down there?"

The Doctor coughed, waving his hand. "I just need to see!" He exclaimed, jumping up and running to the screen next to the man. "There must be some sort of ventilation," he scanned the screen with the sonic. "If I could just transmit a pulse through this thing, I could trip the system. Give us a bit of a breeze."

✰☾✰

"That's it!" The Doctor examined, putting two wires together. He and Luna rushed to the floorboard again, looking down excitedly. "Might shift the fumes a bit, give us a good look."

Large black pincers shot up from beneath the smoke, clapping and roaring from underneath.

"What is that? What are those shapes?" The man asked, sitting next to Luna.