Brutal. I Like It...

Start from the beginning

His lips connected with mine, "I love you too." He murmured against them, "Now sleep."

I couldn't muster up the strength to object, instead I let out a gentle sigh and nodded off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I woke expecting to see Loki beside me, but his side of the bed was empty and it was clear he hadn't slept in it.

I sighed, maybe I had dreamt last night he was here?

Then again I looked down to find myself in a forest green silk nightdress. I definitely didn't put that on.

So he had been here.

Quickly I got up, making the bed then headed to the shower before dressing and fixing my hair as best I could.

As I rushed out the door, I slammed right into a solid chest.

Tyr's.

"Whoah! What's the rush? Where's the fire?" He chuckled, as he grabbed onto my shoulders to steady me.

"Sorry Tyr, I-I didn't expect anyone to be out here."

"Sorry for startling you, I was about to knock." He look down at me apologetically.

"Jesus, I think you just gave me a concussion," I joked, although the newly found pounding in my head was making me wonder did I have one. No ones chest should be that solid. I looked up at him my face scrunched in pain rubbing my head.

"I'm here to escort you to breakfast, Thor is nursing a bit of a hangover it seems." He rolled his eyes.

I laughed, "Self inflicted. No sympathy. Sorry."

"Brutal. I like it!" Tyr laughed, patting my shoulder gently with his good hand, before offering me his arm. "Let's go then little rebel."

I had been a little weary of Tyr at the start, but to be honest I had warmed up to him greatly. He wasn't as big and scary as he had initially seemed.

We entered the hall and my eyes scanned the room automatically.

No Loki.

My shoulders slumped in defeat slightly, but Tyr pulled out my chair for me before going to seat himself to the opposite side of Odin.

I nodded to him and Frigga, turning my attention to Thor who had just slumped down beside me, groaning.

"Little One, I do indeed think I may be dying." He rubbed his hands over his face, before looking at me with sleepy eyes.

I laughed, "What did you expect Thor? You were guzzling enough meade that would have sufficed half the army last night. So I have no sympathy for you."

He rolled his eyes, "Definitely like Loki." He mumbled before helping himself to a large plate of food.

"I see you haven't lost your appetite then?" I raised my eyebrows at him, teasingly.

"Nothing could ever tear me away from my love for food!" He grinned before shovelling in another mouthful of pastries and smiling at me with cheeks stuffed full.