XVI bad ending part 2

Start from the beginning

I opened my eyes as the music had started playing. Apparently I did fall asleep. And so did Gi-him, that was waking up now as well. Our eyes met, knowing the guilt and sorrow of one another. When I felt the eye contact turn awkward, I looked around on the floor, searching for signs of Sang-wood death. Of course there weren't any. They had cleaned it up like nothing had happened.

The breakfast came around, and both of us weren't eating much. 1. Because we both ate way too much much last night. And 2. because of what had happened. I nipped to the dry bread, but felt myself get nauseous, so I tossed it away. Gi-hun was capable of eating half of the bread before giving in to his lost appetite, making his bread sharing the same fate as mine.

Two guards came in, standing in silence. "The next game will begin, I'm a few minutes, please follow the staff for more explanation." She repeated the statement, making us walk towards the staff. I was scared of what we were going to play. And if we were going to play against each other. The staff walked away, as we followed then around, until we got to a long dark corridor. At the end of it there was a closed door. And I knew that behind that door, the playground we would play in would be there.

"The game you will be playing is squid game." The guard said. Squid game? I have never heard about that game before. But I haven't heard about most of the games we have been playing. I looked up at Gi-hun, trying to understand, but only got a pale stare as an answer.
"At first you are going to flip a coin. Player 456." The guard said getting his attention. "Square or triangle?" He asked making him think for a second.

"Triangle." He finally answered, leaving me no choice but to pick square. The guard flipped the golden coin up in the air, before it landed on their gloves hands. I waited in tension, before the man looked. "It's triangle."

My shoulders shrunk, as the guard turned his attention into 456 once again. "You guessed correctly, so you get to choose first. Offence or defence?"
"Offence." He whispered now, apologising with his eyes to me.
"Okay player 456 will play offence, and player 67 will play defence."

"The rules are the following." They started, and I could feel goosebumps on my skin. Usually they would say simple. Why didn't they say simple now?
"One, the attacker must enter the squid shape court, run past the defence, and then tap the area inside the squids head with his foot." I zoned out, when the information was too much. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't focus. Stupid fucking useless brain. But I did get a few things. It's my job to try to push him out of the square, and not let him to a certain shape. Other then that, it was all kind of blurry.

They opened the doors, revealing a big playground. And not just any playground. Also the very first playground that we played on. The fucking nerve they have. We walked for a bit, until I could see a weird pattern, made out of the sand. I guess it was supposed to look like a squid, but it really didn't.

We walked into the shape, as Gi-hum placed himself on a rectangular, and I on a typical square. The fact that one of us had to die, wasn't even processed in my brain yet. And that was good for me, because I feel like I wouldn't be able to handle it very well, of it was.

"The games will start in 5." I tried moving back and forth, but only made everything more nerve wrecking and awkward. "4." I felt like the seconds on purpose were stretched out, just to make us more scared. "3." I could see him getting ready, which was ironic, because a couple hours ago, he just killed his best friend to safe me, and now he was prepared to kill me. "2." I cleared my throat. "1 go!" Gi-hun didn't move. Neither did I, as we both looked at each other.

"I can't kill you." Gi-hun finally broke the silence. I looked up at him, scared. I couldn't handle it either if he died. I had already lost too many. I shook my head, feeling my hair bounce in front of my vision. I brushed it away.

"I can't kill you either." I whispered. My thoughts travelled around, confusing me. I put my hands in my pocket feeling the cold blade. I was surprised to see it, remembering how they took it away yesterday. Maybe they had given them back when we were sleeping.

"Well let's quit." He said, like it was the easiest thing to do. But I couldn't just quit. Without the money, I would never be able to get my mom back. Or go to Jeju island. Or help my brother. So I shook my head. "I need the money." I whispered. "My brother needs me."
"My daughter needs me, and so does my mo-" as if someone had silenced him, he just stopped in his track. "They don't need me." He said to himself, just loudly enough for me to hear. "I just need them." He looked like his heart got clenched, as the realisation hit him.

"Don't say that." I told him.
"It's true." He said. And with that he started walking into the square I was in. When he had reached me, he breathed in deeply, before exhaling. "Forgive me." He said, before walking away, trying to get out of the square. I realised what he was doing, and quickly ran up to him. I grabbed my arms around him, dragging him down. I could feel rain drops prick I'm my skin, as Gi-hun tried to break free. "Your brother needs you. Just stop this!" He said painfully. "You just said that you needed the money for your brother. Well why won't you let me die then?" I didn't know. But the question hit hard. It was true I needed the money. But how could I just watch as the man killed himself. "I don't know." I finally answered, but still held him down. He struggled some more, before giving up.

I breathed in deeply, thankful for the break, but could barely exhale before he started battling again. "Just don't kill yourself right now!" I scream. "I just watched y/n die. I can't see you die too." I cried out, making him relax. I could feel hands on my back, hugging me tightly, as I hugged back. He wasn't as good as y/n when it came to hugs, bury it was still good enough. A crazy plan came to my mind. One that I would have never done yesterday. Or a couple hours ago. But now it seemed almost perfect.

"Please forgive me." I whisper in his ear, making his body stiffen. I pull out the knife, and struck it in my neck, the same spot as y/n got hers. The pain roamed my body, as the blood flooded out.

"No!" Gi-hun screams, catching my falling body. I could feel my limos getting weaker, and my brain working slower. The pain was almost gone. I guess my brain cut it off. "Please." I get to whisper, feeling the blood come up my throat and out of my mouth. The iron tasted horrible. "Don't talk." Gi-hun begs, trying to safe me. But we both knew I couldn't be saved. "Please help my brother." I pulse, trying to gain some strength for the last sentence. "And find my mother." My vision goes white, as I feel completely numb. A distant voice, is the last thing I hear saying "I promise."

A/n
Words:2057

Please don't hate me lol?

I did say it was a bad ending, so idk what yall expected. Hehe

If people want I can continue with the good series, but if not, then I guess I can just end the story now

Vote, comment what you think, do whatever, it would mean the world to me,

Okay that was it babes love yall❤︎❤︎