XII

I was pushed out the game, in dispair of the realisation. But right before the doors closed i could hear a desperat "Sangwoo?!" my eyes closed, knowing exactly what he had done. I let a single tear fall down, following a million others. I tried to go back. To help him. But the guards dragged me by my arms, sliding my heals hardly against the ground. Sobs escaped my throat, as I got dragged back. I didn't know why it affected me so much. Maybe because he was so pure. So smiley even here. And so damn naive. Maybe Sang-woo knew. He knew he was naive. And he used it against him. My anger and sorrow had boiled over, creating the worst of them all. Revenge.

Sae-Byeok POV:

"Sae-Byeok." I could hear. I stopped walking but didn't dare turn around. "Thank you." She said though tears. "For playing with me." I couldn't see but I could hear she was smiling. My face was red from tears, and my breath uncontrollable. I flinched from the gunshot that was heard. "Player 67 pass."
I used to be happy, or relived because of those exact words, but now. Why would she do that? Why would anyone sacrifice themselves for me? My vision blurred from the tears that had formed in my eyes. Some fell in my open mouth, making me taste salt. I tried to dry them away, but they kept falling. I followed the guards away from her body. I wouldn't be able to handle it if I looked backwards. So I just kept going forward. Out the door, hoping that y/n had made it.

Y/n POV:
I walked in, behind 101, and the remain of his group. Suddenly they stopped, and I looked curious around. The crazy woman was sitting up in her bed, and looking happily at us. How did she survive. Why didn't they kill her? My thoughts raced in my head. "Hey babe." She said referring to 101. His face was twitching from anger and confusion. He was just as confused as anyone else. "The weak link, they called it." She continued, as she looked back and forth from her nails to the rest of us. "Said it was a beautiful word." She smiled widely, and laid down in her stomach still facing us. "It is to make sure that the least favourite people still gets a chance." She giggled at it like it was a funny joke. The giggle grew into a loud laughter, while she pointed her index finger at 101. I walked away, not really caring anymore. And I saw Sae-Byeok, alone in a corner. And everything had been awkward lately, but I needed to at least check up on her. I walked up to her, and she looked up. I could see she had cried. 240 had apparently meant a lot to her in the end. More then I would ever know probably. "Are you okay?" I asked. I knew it was stupid to ask. And I would have absolutely lost it if anyone asked me, but I didn't know how else to start the conversation. She started nodding, but she then proceeded to shake her head instead. "I'm sorry." I said. And I meant it. I was sorry for how I had acted, instead of just kissing her. I was sorry over her loss. Because she lost someone who truly cared about her. Twice at least. And tears started filling up my eyes again. I sat down beside her, and since she didn't protest it, I stayed.

We got served potatoes, and we all ate them in silence. It was warm and mushy, 2/10 would not recommend. I was napping to it, and Sae-Byeok sat down next to me. It wasn't like before the incident, where i messed everything up, but there was still a comfort in her presence.

I could hear Sang-woo talk with Gi-hun. Anger boiled in me but a word in their conversation made me quiet, and listen. "You think you had it tough? That guy came here with his wife." I looked over and saw a guy, sitting with his head between his knees. He was crying. I couldn't imagine what it would feel like. The guilt, of someone you loved's death. I was lucky. I had gotten with someone, who meant nothing to me. He didn't have a special piece in my heart that could be taken away from me.

But every tiny movement he made was in pain. When he looked up, and searched for his dead wife somewhere around here, there was pain in his eyes. He slowly got up and looked from person to person, disappointed when the face of his wife didn't appear. He got up in the middle of the room, that now had so few beds. "We can stop this." He said with cracks in his voice. He was crying without tears. Sobbing and looking around. "If 9 people wanna quit, we can get out of here." His face lit up, but still covered in sorrow. "Everyone who wanna get out of here stand up!" He had a smile on his face but it disappeared, when no one stood up. It was killing me, but I couldn't go back now. I couldn't leave without the money. I needed that money. So did everyone else.