Crossroads of destiny

a/n: Heyyyyy! Exams are finally over so updates will be more regular! So stay tuned!

Life can be funny sometimes. Just when Azula thought she had lost everyone and everything, had nowhere to go, here she was at the old woman's house, sitting by the pai-sho table.

The old woman sipped her tea once again, what is up with old people and tea? a part of Azula wondered. The other part of Azula took in her surroundings. Even at her state of despair, she wasn't foolish enough to completely trust this woman. But, the house and the owner herself seemed quite harmless and plain. The room only had a mattress and a few small unpacked bags in the corner, indicating that she was a traveler. Other than that, there was the table and two earthen cups filled with tea. Azula hadn't touched hers.

"Do you want to go first?" The woman inquired, looking at the Pai-sho board and back at Azula.

"Let's get straight down to business," Azula replied, her voice authoritative, "what do you want?"

"Oh, fire and ash how rude of me! I forgot to even introduce myself!" She then bowed to her with her right hand in a fist and her left palm facing the other hand. "Greetings Princess Azula of the Fire Nation! I, Tai a member of the White Lotus, am honoured to meet you."

Azula returned the gesture. She had heard about the White Lotus but had never met a member before. She had heard rumors about how some of the finest benders were part of that secret society.

"The Order of the White Lotus is an ancient and secret society that transcends the boundaries of the four nations, seeking philosophy, beauty, and truth. We are devoted to sharing ancient knowledge across national and political divides. We have assumed the task of protecting and supporting the Avatar, having done so for Avatar Kuruk and now for Avatar Aang.

"We are aware about the tension between you and the Fire Lord and consequently the escapade of the only other heir." Tai said as she gestured towards her.

Azula nodded.

"I have approached you as a messenger from the White Lotus to deliver the proposal of teaming up with the Avatar to help him end the hundred-year war."

Azula took in a sharp death and swallowed the lump in her throat. She fiddled with her fingers for a while before she looked down, deep in her thoughts.

She was at the crossroads of her destiny.

Should she agree to join the Avatar, betraying her Nation, her father and her ancestors, throwing away everything she has worked for in her life?

Or should she refuse to join them, closing her eyes on the family who helped her when no one would, throwing away the chance to be better and living up to the name as a monster?

But then the true face of her Nation, the so-called glorious Fire Nation, flashed in front of her.