21.

Just letting y'all know! This chapter hasn't been edited bc I wanted to get it out as soon as possible! ( i will edit it tmr morning tho)

And I tried to make it long since you guys have been so patient (thank you loves <333)

✄ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pacing back and forth, I struggled to find the courage to knock on Deku's door.

I havent seen him in weeks and thought it would come over to help him study. I'd gotten everything ready, even wore fake glasses to make myself look smarter, but now that I was at his door the anxiety finally hit me.

I was wondering if I should go home.

I paced around his front door for a few minutes until I decided to knock, hoping Inko would be the one to answer.

After a few seconds passed the door opened.

To my disappointment Deku was standing there. He looked tired, like he had just woken up from an afternoon nap.

"Hi." I said, holding out the box of sandwiches I made.

He rubbed his eyes and took a second to adjust to the lighting before responding.

"Hi?" He replied softly, "What you doing here?"

"I thought I could help you study." I answered.

"I cant." he said, "Im supposed to be babysitting today."

"I can come." I asked almost immediately.

Deku took his eyes off the container and shot me a weird look, "Why? Don't you hate kids?"

"Yes," I swallowed, "But I feel like this would be a good learning experience."

He tilted his head and gave me a smirk, "A learning experience? Or did you just miss me?"

"A learning experience," I lied, "I didn't miss you at all. As a matter of fact you should of seen just how overjoyed I was when you didn't come to the cafe for a few days. I was absolutely delighted, wasn't sad one bit."

"Is that so?" He leaned against the door frame.

"Very much so." I said, standing my ground.

He gave me a look that told me wasn't very convinced.

"You're full of shit." He grinned.

Before I could even defend myself he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. He sleepily rested his head on my shoulder as I stood there not knowing if I should fight back or not.

"I missed you to." He muttered, his words coming out muffled.

I didn't bother fighting back because it was true, I did miss him. And I was truly saddened when I didn't see his face walking into the cafe.

I allowed him to use my shoulder as a headrest  until I felt his body weight slowly lean on me. I put my hands on his chest to push him back and see his face.

"Are you falling asleep?" I asked.

He gently nodded and rubbed his eyes open, "I just got home and was in the middle of a nap when you rang the doorbell."

I looked him in the eyes before dragging him inside. Gradually, we reached his bedroom. It wasn't as neat as it usually was. There were books and papers scattered along the desk and floor. His bed was messy, probably because he was in the middle of a nap.