5.

DISCLAIMER: This chapter is complete shit I'm sorry but I was busy with state testing all week and didn't have time to write much. I also didn't want to miss the Monday deadline. The next chapter will be much better I promise.

✄- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Have a nice day!" I smiled, taking money from the customer.

A few days passed, I was no longer sick and was back at work. It was a pretty slow day, we've had about 10-15 customers in the past 2 hours. I haven't talked to or heard about Midoriya for a while now but Shoto and Denki sent me a few texts asking me if I was alright and if I needed anything.

"You shouldn't overwork yourself you aren't fully healed."

I looked at Jirou who was on her phone, eating a bagel that I don't remember her paying for. Her hair was in a low ponytail with two strands in front and she was wearing an oversized sweatshirt that showed her fishnets instead of her shorts.

"Your gonna have to pay for that you know," I told.

She looked at me, her expression blank.

"Mina takes stuff all the time but suddenly when I do it it's a red flag?" She stated.

"Mina works here she'll probably work it off, so it doesn't matter."

"Yeah Jirou, Mina works it off so it doesn't matter." Mina mocked, putting her arm around my shoulder. "You feeling better Em?"

"I feel fine, I get why everyone cares so much."

I pushed her arm off my shoulder and walked into the back.

I grabbed the measuring cups that Mina was supposed to be washing and washed them myself. I could admit I wasn't feeling the best. My nose was stuffy and I've coughed a few times today, I only got up because I didn't like the feeling of other people taking care of me, it made me feel weak and vulnerable.

Vulnerability was one of my least favourite things.

Vulnerability gave people the opportunity to use and step on you and I wasn't going to let that happen. At least not again.

"Emery, your boyfriends here!" Mina yelled.

I wiped my hands and walked back outside.

Mina had a huge smile on her face as she pointed to the door. I turned to see the only thing I didn't want to see.

"Why is it here?" I said in disgust.

"It's a public cafe Em," Midoriya said, walking up to the cashier.

I grabbed a cake pop and handed it to him.

"Take your shit and leave."

"Why does he get free stuff?!" Jirou yelled.

I ignored Jirou and made eye contact with Midoriya.

"I didn't come here for a cake pop," Midoriya gave me back the cake and leaned close to my face. "I came here for you."

I didn't move back instead I moved forward as a way of showing that I wasn't intimidated by him.

"My friends want to hang out with you agai-"

"I'm not going."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't like hanging out with you people."

"What do you mean by 'you people?"

"You know what I mean."

"Do I? He smirked.