𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝙼𝚢 𝚃𝚞𝚛𝚗

"Gosh Tommy," Wilbur chuckles, "Look at you,"

he sweeps his hands like dust over Tommy's head, ruffling his hair. 

Tommy tenses, pulling back slightly. 

"When did you become so mature?"

He looks up at Wilbur, with that sharp gentle smile, and honey eyes, he's practically glowing, it's as if the sun and all its glory had so carefully graced him with its presence.

For a moment, Tommy's lungs fill with air, and it doesn't feel like he's choking on ash from a fire Wilbur started long ago. He lets his eyes fall shut, it feels like the past again, with the warmth of Wilbur, the love of him.

And once he opens his eyes, Tommy searches, deep inside himself, eyes wavering over the lingering traces of a fantasy. But instead of that sugar-laced feeling of family he had hoped to find, he only feels disgust, and want, for that hate, he knows he never truly will feel, no matter how much he wants to.

Wilbur's smile falters during the period of silence, Tommy stares straight into him, almost past him.

"When you stopped."

_____

The smile falls completely from Wilbur's face, the sun disappearing behind the clouds, leaving the sunken grey hanging heavy on them, hollowing out the faint look of truth that lines Wilbur's cheeks, as he sucks in a small breath.

Tommy stands to leave, not even bothering to look back, he knows Will won't follow him. He walks toward the last traces of sun that line the flower fields, it's his turn to lets the sun shine on him and release the heavyweight of living. It's his turn.

_____

A/N: Hey! here's more Wilbur and Tommy, let me know if you have any preferences for characters, or any ideas and story plots. I'd love to hear them!

- A