Chapter 17: Meeting the Wolves

Start from the beginning

"You're white... like pure white." Elijah mutters. It's then that I remember neither Callum nor Elijah have seen my wolf form.

I growl knowing he's staring, his eyes narrow but he shifts. The shift is faster then mine and he is a lot bigger, his fur is pure black. The complete opposite of mine. I look him over, noting he favours his right side over his left. I nod and take off running.

Zim stays by my side the whole way there and Titan just behind. Although I'm bigger than Zim, I'm a lot faster then the two guys. Reaching the clearing a bit before the two guys I stop behind some trees, it's probably better to be seen as one with Elijah. As though thinking his name summons him he appears beside me. He walks over to a tree and shifts back pulling a pair of shorts on he comes out and tells us to shift. Me and Zim walk behind two trees and shift back, as I shift I feel the necklace heat up. I ignore it and grab for a shirt in the tree, reaching down I realise my clothes shifted with me. I look down at myself in confusion, why did my clothes not tear like everyone else's?

The necklace, the rune is the rune to keep your clothes when you shift. It was on the wall in the testing room and the King cast it before we shifted back.

I walk out from behind my tree and see all three of them standing there, seeing me their eyes go wide.

"That is what you were wearing before you left..." Zim looks at my outfit then at me.

I nod slowly, "Yup."

"How? You haven't learnt the rune yet, plus someone who's in human form has to cast it. You can't cast in wolf form, no thumbs remember." Callum speaks up looking at me but not in the eyes as a show of respect.

"I'll tell you all later, I don't think everyone else should hear." I noticed the wolves inside the clearing were hushed. I could hear the beating hearts of the wolves in front of me.

Nodding Elijah walks out into the clearing followed closely by the rest of us. Callum drags Zim to the edge of the crowd and they both stand there leaving me to deal with everyone by myself.

I hold in the urge to scowl as all the wolves are looking at me curiously.

Flaming Pink Hippos that's a lot of werewolves. Titan sits at me feet, growling slightly. A few of the Werewolves growl back and his hackles rise.

"No Titan, they are friends." I murmur to the wolf and scratch his head between the ears. He rumbles and his hackles lay flat, the wolves around watch in curiosity forgetting about their Alpha Male.

"Fine, fine. Clearly you are more interested in who this is." Elijah grumbles and walks over to me.

"Everyone Alaria Ridaro, your new Luna, my equal." Elijah's voice is full of power and dominance. However unlike the other wolves who are affected I'm not.

The wolves all cheer, none seem angry or upset but happy and encouraging.

"Thanks." I look to Elijah not knowing what to say. He just chuckles.

"Ok everyone get into pairs, we are going to be fighting as wolves today!" Cheers erupt and the crowd moves around to find a pair. "You're with me." Elijah whispers into my ear as he watches everyone move to get a partner. Callum and Zim pair up and the newbie's with the older students, as they are trying to get a gauge of how well they fight as wolves.

"First we are going to go for a run in wolf form, please don't lag behind. Stay behind your Luna and I and ahead of your Beta please. For those who don't know the Beta." He gestures and Callum comes up on stage. "This is the Beta, Callum."

"Everyone shift and follow me, don't forget your clothes do tear so get changed and then shift." Elijah shifts and I follow. The crowd gasps when they see my wolf, I roll my eyes but accept this will happen whenever people first see my wolf.