O N E

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I groaned rolling onto my back at the sound of my alarm clock. I just laid there realizing that I had to go through another year of high school. Though it was necessary for hidden identities, I still hated it more than anything.

I ignored the alarm clock and walked toward the bathroom to get ready for school. After I was scrubbed clean and had fresh breath I decided to actually dress nice for a change. On the way back to my room I noticed the house was oddly quiet. Prim must have slept at Rue's house. She'd usually be up and about way before me.

I grabbed everything I needed and walked into the kitchen to pour me a glass of fresh blood. I took it with me adding a silly straw on my way to my Jeep. Nothing like driving and relaxing.

I had gotten to the school quite fast pulling up in the parking lot looking around at all the groups of people. The word cliche immediately came to mind. There was all the basic teenage high school groups that I hated so much. Mostly because I could never fit into one.

The bitter sweet smell of blood overwhelmed me. It was a delicious smell that I don't think I would ever get tired of.

I drove into a spot a little far from the entrance. I got out the car and felt eyes burning into my face. I strutted to the main entrance as the wind blew through my hair and my heel boots clicked against the hard pavement. I felt a smile spread across my lips sensing the arousal of the horny teenagers and the jealously of vile females.

When I opened the door I was immediately hit with this intoxicating smell. Was that cinnamon and wood? Some reason my mouth began to water and I was left a bit bewildered.

Like the idiot vampire that I was I chose to ignore it and continue walking down the hallway to the main office. I was greeted this freaky looking lady dressed in a terrible purple suit and a violet wig with butterflies on her face.

"What can I do for you?" She asked with the worst accent I had ever heard.

"My name is Katniss Everdeen. I'm here to get my class schedule."

"Oh! Of course, dear. I'll be right back." She left to a office in the back with the freakishly tall heels hammering against the ground. She returned and handed me a folder which I assume is filled with everything I need. "Here you are."

"Thank you."

I walked down the hallway looking at my bell schedule as I headed to locker 417.

I barely made It half way when that amazing smell of cinnamon filled my nose again. When I turned the corner I was met with the most beautiful boy I had ever seen.

Damn.

His cheeks looked as if they had been carved from the Gods and sculpted into absolute perfection. He was big and coated in muscles. It was like watching a dream play before my eyes. My eyes connected with the brightest blue eyes. The longer they stared into mine the more I noticed them began to turn a molten shade of gold.

So incredibly beautiful.

My subconscious was literally hanging on the edge of her seat drooling like a fool. His hair was blonde and cut short on the sides with beautiful long curly strands falling over those gold eyes of his. I was momentarily blinded when his face broke into a smile.

The bell rung knocking me out of my thoughts as I broke away from his intense gaze. When I turned away from him it seemed like the hardest thing I had ever had to do in my life. I speed walked to my class pulling my bag tighter against me. The smell never left my nose as I walked into class and if possible it it grew stronger.