04

The woods were rather calming. The five of us had found a small pond and took a short break. The trees above have just enough shade to not make us to hot. Shin, Whis and I all sat on boulders we found and Goten and Trunks ran about.

"I must say Gen. Compared to your family you are rather calm." Shin spoke as I laughed.

"Well I guess I didn't really stay around my family growing up. But from what my mom told me I was always sort of quite." I smiled as Whis hummed.

"I'm still interested in how you are connected to Super Shenron. My father, the Grand Priest, is the only one I know of that can communicate to him." Whis spoke with a slight smile.

"Yeah Gen! We want to know!" Gohan yelled as he and Trunks flew to us.

"I'm not exactly sure. I mean, the only time I've known to speak with this Super Shenron is during that dream. Other than that, I have no recollection." I spoke as Gohan sat in my lap.

"Still it sounds cool Gen! I mean, you were able to talk with a dragon!" Trunks sounded excited smiling brightly next to me.

I laughed as Shin hummed along with Whis. I knew they were also confused. And I don't even blame them. I'm confused as well. If Shenron is really strong, then why was he communicating with me? Someone who has such a weak heart?

"Are you ok Gen?" Goten's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"I'm fine Goten just thinking." I smiled ruffling his hair slightly.

He giggled before he and Trunks took off again leaving me with the angel and supreme Kai. I smiled before looking up to the sky. The trees were towering over us and casted a lovely shade. I closed my eyes before I heard a voice speak again.

'Time is almost upon us dear. Soon you will need to hold onto your belief and trust.'

My eyes shot open and I looked around confused. Shin picked up first my confused state and looked to me.

"Is everything alright, Gen? You seem startled?" He asked with a slight tilt to his head.

"You both didn't hear that? There was a voice just now." I said standing up on the rock.

"A voice? I didn't hear anything." Whis said also standing.

"What did it say?" Shin asked curious.

"It said time was almost upon us. And that I needed to hold onto my trust and belief." I said looking around.

"Sounds like it's time to see my father." Whis sighed almost disappointed.

"Are you sure it's wise to have a meeting so soon? Maybe we can wait a bit longer." Shin said sounding just as displeased.

"I'm sure. If not then there will never be a time." Whis spoke standing up.

I tilted my head to the side as the two continued to talk about meeting Whis's father. Goten and Trunks also seemed confused as they sat next to me.

"What are they talking about?" Goten whispered leaning over.

"I wish I knew." I smiled shakily.

"Ah forgive us. We just don't really wish to see the Grand Priest if we can help it. Mine being he is my father and Shin here just nerves." Whis smiled waving a hand around.

"Got it. But why do I have to meet Grand Priest in the first place?" I asked still confused.

"It's better if he explains everything. We don't have to leave right away, I'm sure Whis would like to prepare before hand. And besides this is a party today. We will try meeting in a week. So don't worry about it." Shin smiled with his hands behind his back.

I nodded my head still not believing them when we heard a voice yelling for us.

"Goten! Gen! Are you here?!" Gohan yelled.

"Over here Gohan! Check out this spot we found!" Goten yelled back as he and Trunks flew off.

I shook my head smiling softly before lowering myself down softly with my flight. Whis and Shin followed shortly after as Gohan made it to the clearing with Trunks on one arm and Goten around his shoulders. His eyes showed relief seeing my figure.

"There you all are! Bulma sent me to come find you guys before desert is given out. She said something about Strawberry Shortcake," Gohan smiled.

"Really?!" Me and Whis asked excited.

Gohan and Shin stared at us as we looked at each other before laughing. I covered my mouth as I giggled while Whis did the same.

"My, my. This is interesting. Looks like we have much more in common besides our dreams," Whis smiled.

I nodded my head before we all began heading back to the others. Videl was sitting down with my mom and Bulma before noticing our return.

"Hey guys! You made it just in time!" She smiled waving her hand.

"Are you okay Gen? Any discomfort or tiredness?" My mom asked quickly standing and heading my way.

"I'm fine mom really! I didn't use my powers at all and I stayed in the shade," I smiled letting her finish her check on me.

"We stayed right by her side the entire time. Don't worry Ms. Chichi," Shin smiled.

My mom nodded her head once making sure I was okay before we all headed towards the group. I stood next to Dende as I watched my dad and Vegeta continue to eat.

"Have they been eating since we've left?" I asked the Namekian beside me.

"Half of the time at least. The other half the two have been sparring each other or trying to get Lord Beerus to join in on the fighting. Of course, he hasn't," Dende explained with a smile.

I laughed as I looked over to the God. His eyes were closed but his ears and tail were swaying slightly. My eyes snapped back over to the two hearing my dad call my name.

"Hey Gen! Bulma here made some Strawberry Shortcake for everyone! We wanted you to have the first slice!" He smiled standing up and leaving Vegeta.

My eyes lit up as I saw the huge cake in front of me. I felt my mouth water as they handed me a plate. I took one bite and felt it melt in my mouth.

"Delicious!" I spoke enjoying the taste.

Everyone laughed at my reaction and the whip cream on my mouth. I laughed as well feeling the happiest I have in a long time. But if only I knew how crazy everything was about to be. Maybe I would have savored the moment more. I would have enjoyed that feeling just a little longer. And maybe, just maybe, I would have listened to Super Shenron a little bit better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sooo uh...hi....again. It's been almost 2 years since I've updated ANYTHING. And honestly I really am sorry. I haven't lost interest or anything. I've just been in a very dark place. I've worked myself half to death. I've dealt with three losses in my life. I got kicked from a place I thought I was living in for good. Lost contact with family (really went no contact but let's not get into the details). So yeah.

I'm turning 21 this year and I'm going to nursing school. So that's going to be fun. But I'm also working on my mental health. And honestly writing for you all is something that I love doing. So the plan is to update at least every month. Work on the writings and review them. This won't be because let's face it I'm tired. But please do continue to give me reviews. Please give me ideas because home girl here is STRUGGLING getting back into her imaginative lifestyle.

But enough about me! How have you guys been? I hope 2023 is nothing but good for you all! I love you all so much my loves!! Don't stress yourselves out and just remember to do your best! Stay safe!

By loves!!