Reveal

(Adrien's POV)

I was at school in art class painting a wolf howling at the moon. Of course, Chloe being Chloe hasn't stopped being obnoxious with the style I wear because it bothers her. She just can't seem to keep her mouth shut and stop controlling people's preferences or something.

"Go cut yourself like an emo, emo boy! That style is garbage!" Chloe threatened me.

This time I'm not going to let her get in my head. I put my brush down and did what I once did to Marinette with my creepy stare smirk when I said 'are you lying' to her during the Troublemaker incident.

"What did you call me?" I said coldly with my creepy glare at her.

"Erm...Emo." She backed off seeing my creepy eyes.

"Call me that again. I dare you" I glared at her while the whole class was watching.

"Aiden stop it!" Chloe begged.

"Then stop criticizing what I wear. You're the obnoxious brat I have ever met! Cat Noir was right that you have no heart nor respect people's individualities! Maybe coming to school was a big mistake I made" I glared and just walked out of the classroom while my classmates started ranting at Chloe for taking things too far.

Now I just wanted to be alone in the boiler room to calm down since I'm not in the best mood today. I went downstairs to head to the boiler room so I can be alone while Plagg gave me some space but he sometimes knows how to cheer me up with cheese metaphors.

"Wow, that was some cheesy insult she made," Plagg said.

"Yeah, I've just had it with her," I replied.

"She's never gonna change. She doesn't even know Aiden Bastet. I don't understand her being so selfish to new people she doesn't even know" Plagg said.

"Sooner or later, everyone is gonna hate her and she'll end up alone," I said.

"Aiden, are you in here?" I heard Marinette coming into the boiler room and Plagg quickly hides in my leather jacket.

"Um, yes I'm right here." I showed myself to her.

"Why did you walk out?" She asked.

"I just needed to be alone. That brat is getting on nerves for how I dress" I said, a little angry about Chloe.

"I know, but what you did was amazing. You really scared her." Marinette said.

"It wasn't my intention to scare her, it was to make her stop torturing me emotionally," I said and thought if I should tell her the truth that I'm Adrien Agreste the whole time. She's been suffering a lot because of my disappearance for a year. I don't know how well she's gonna take it.

But I gotta try. I can't hide the truth any longer, "Marinette, there's something I have to tell you" I said with hesitation.

"What is it?" Marinette asked.

"I'm not who you think I am." I pulled my beanie off revealing my blonde hair and fixed it.

"Adrien Agreste?!" Marinette gasps.

"Hi," I said shyly but suddenly got tackle hugged by her.

"Adrien how dare you! Do you have any idea how scared I was when you disappeared?! I thought you may have died. All your friends were worried about you and you never told me why you went missing. I fell into depression for six months and now you just show up, right here with me?!" Marinette cried angry tears.

I knew she would be angry at me but she doesn't know why I disappeared. I can't tell her why but I can tell her why Adrien ran away.

"I'm sorry I made you and our friends suffer, Marinette. You can slap me, I deserve it. But the reason I disappeared is that....I.....I couldn't stand living with my father" I half lied but I still can't tell her that my father is Shadow Moth and Hawk Moth, "I had to make Paris believe I disappeared or presume dead so that I won't be found by my enemy. I can't tell you why because I gotta stay undercover as Aiden Bastet" I explained as I hugged her and hushed her crying.