047. What could've been

There had to be something really wrong with Jimin to be covered full of blood, his own and his foes' and still not feel an inch or fear

Blood.

That's all there was.

On Yoongi. On Jin. On Namjoon.

After Jimin had gotten Yoongi to snap out of his breakdown in the broken cabin of the ship, he had forced him to get up and go back to their own ship. They had to go to Clarice. They had to see if she was–

If she was dead or alive.

The whole ship was filled with dead bodies. The few that had survived had followed their orders to get Hoseok and Jimin's parents out of the ghost ship before blasting it.

"Jimin." Someone called his name.

Jimin looked around from where his head was laying atop Yoongi's shoulder, tears seeping through his eyes and mixing with the blood on his face even when he wasn't crying. In fact, he wasn't even feeling anything, numb.

He realised it was Jin who had called.

"Jimin, your arm is bleeding so much. I-I think you should get it dressed. Y-You're turning pale, I think you're losing blood."

Yes, he should do that.

But no part of his body was willing to move. Like his brain wasn't capable enough to give an order to his body. Like his brain had split apart from his body.

Maybe it was the headache.

He closed his eyes back again, rotten blood making roots in his lungs. It was the bodies that were burning not so far away. 

He thought maybe he deserved to bleed. Maybe it was better that way.

"Fuck it." He muttered, voice frail as he clutched onto Yoongi's arm because he knew Yoongi would try to pry away and band aid his cut skin.

Eventually though, they did band aid his skin. When Jimin fell down out of dizziness because he had lost so much blood, there was no fighting them after that. Jimin didn't have the strength to fight.

*

Once they were back to the land, Yoongi and Jimin didn't waste any time to climb into the car waiting for them at the dock. The sent Jin and Namjoon back despite their protest. There was only so much death he could bare.

Throughout the car ride, Yoongi sat beside him tense, body shaking like a leaf at each breath he exhaled.

And Jimin–

Despite the thought that lingered in his mind, a thought that will eat him up at nights and drag it's claws on Jimin's heart. Despite the thought – the fact that no one was left for them anymore. For Jimin and Yoongi. Each other were all they had now. Despite the fact, Jimin didn't reach out to soothe Yoongi, because if he were to do that, Yoongi would break. He'd break easily in his arms and they couldn't afford that. Not right now.