Chapter 15: Powerhungry shifters

Start from the beginning

"The leaders will start walking around now." The King calls taking everyone's attention and aiming them to the front of the room. The leaders spread out and start interviewing each student. A few glance my way and walk over. I sigh heavily and watch the group of 6 vampires walk up to me. Three leaders and their second in commands.

"Hi, run from here to the end of the seats and back. Go." He pulls a timer out and pressed start. I zip over as I turn to run back I notice everyone is in slow motion except a couple other runners. I make it back to the 3 leaders and their mouths hang open.

"That was the new record..." one of the leaders mumbles nearly inaudibly.

"Why thank-you." I bow and wink at the Vampires in front of me.

"How much can you lift?" The Vampire looks at me curiously.

"Uuh 25kg?" How am I supposed to know.

The Vampire's laugh thinking I'm joking. "Pick him up." The lead vampire points to a muscular guy standing nearby. He steps forwards and waits awkwardly.

"ok?" I gingerly wrap my arms around the dude and pick him up easily. The lead vamp gestures for another person to step forward and for me to pick them up too.

Hesitantly I look at the guy, he's just a little smaller than the guy I'm currently holding. I size the guy up and walk towards him, I place the original guy down and position myself between them. I hold each guy, one in either arm and lift them up. I stagger a little from the weight but I can still do it, it's mostly awkward because my arms are under their butts.

"She's extremely strong too." The vampire who had been asking the questions says to the people behind him. "I guess it's up to the aura test?" Each vampire nods. The lead guy steps forward and looks me up and down warily. "You can put them down now." I drop the two guys and they scowl walking away.

"Look directly into my eyes, my aura will feel yours and you will either be stronger or weaker. If I look away first you are stronger and will join a different coven if you are weaker you will join mine." I nod in understanding and stare into his eyes.

For a moment absolutely nothing happens, neither of us blink or look away. After 30 seconds the vampire opposite me looks away. I raise my eyebrow in confusion, nothing happened.

"What happened?" I look at the vampires nearby and they are all looking down.

"You didn't feel that? At all?" The lead Vampire asks in complete awe. I shake my head, feel what?

"Nope."

"Give me a second..." The vampire races off with the 5 vampires behind him. I'm left alone sitting on the floor, I look up at the roof and think about how Ria is my twin sister. Who is our father? While mulling it over, I hear footsteps coming my way. I look over and spot a girl, her hair is black with bright red streaks, her eyes are dark brown almost black and she looks at me with a bored expression.

"What?" I glance at the girl and back up to the ceiling.

"Who are you?" The girl looks at me still with a bored expression but her eyes give way to her curiosity.

"Larkin. Why? Who are you?"

"Cecilia. I'm the second most powerful Coven leader at this academy." The girl opposite me begins, I lower my eyes to look at her. "Now stare into my eyes." Her voice becomes hard as she stares into my eyes.

I stare back purely bored, I feel no power radiating off her other then a weak pulse. It is however stronger than the last guys who I couldn't feel. We sit in silence without moving for 2 and a half minutes, sweat is forming on the girls forehead as she stares intently into my eyes. Finally after her eyes start to water does she look away.