Chapter Seven

"What? How? Thank goodness! Nombu! Oh, I'm so happy to see you! I thought you were dead!" I exclaimed wheeling over to him for a hug.

"I thought I was too. Alcander brought me here instead of to the dungeon.  I always knew he was a softie. His daughter goes to school with mine. He is a loyal man, but saw that the King was no longer working for the profit of Koohoc, but for himself." Nombu explained. "I see you are looking at my plans. You want to help?" he asked.

"What exactly are you planning?" I replied.

"I know that the king is up to something, I just have to sneak in and figure out what and then stop him." he said with passion. This really was a man who would do anything for his people.

"I think I can help you out on at least one of those areas." I said with a smile.

"Oh really?" he said returning my smile. We bent our heads together as I told him what I had learned. By the time we had to turn the lights on we were beginning to form our plan. This was no longer about sneaking in for information. We were making a search and destroy mission.

I was breathing hard. So far everything had gone exactly to plan. The Oeon had been more than happy to help us out. They had successfully delivered letters to every Apxikn without alerting the Evac. Everyone was now aware of what Iox had almost gotten away with. Citizens were beginning to gather in the square in front of the palace. Now, I just had to make sure to stop that loaded Anoon from going anywhere. I really wish Nombu was here to help me, but he had to make sure Iox didn't catch on and try anything or attempt an escape. I sat waiting at my vantage point waiting. It should have been here by now. Nombu said I would know which one it was when I saw it. An Anoon was coming towards me. It looked big. I wonder if this was the one? I sat ready to go into action when I saw it. It was HUGE! It made the others look like peas next to a grapefruit. Yep, that was definitely it. I moved the Tpaivo Nombu had hijacked for me towards it. I tried to remain calm. "You can do this Nico. Are you kidding! I'm in a freaking wheelchair! No, no. This is no big deal. Only the fate of Koohoc rests on your shoulders. Not helping sorry." I tried to motivate myself. With one last breath I told myself. "This is for you Paia." and took off.

The Anoon was traveling fast, but it wasn't following the normal orbiting path. It was headed directly towards to border of Koohoc. I had to stop it before it left the border. According to my information, inside, along with all of the food and resources of Koohoc, was a machine that was allowing it to travel off of the orbiting path. I pulled the Tpaivo up as close as I possibly could. Pushing a yellow button a metal claw extended from the ship, inserted itself into the Anoon and opened up a hole. I took a deep breath and pushed myself down the ramp Nombu had installed as hard as I could. I flew out of the ship, through the air and hoped that I had aimed correctly. I just barely made it through the opening.

Wheeling myself on the jell-o like substance was tough but I was managing. The headlights I found that Eutu has built onto my wheelchair were a lifesaver. I couldn't see to the sides much, but being able to see ahead to weave my way through tons and tons of supplies helped a lot. I was searching frantically. Nombu had no idea what this machine looked like or exactly how to disable it. I was watching for anything that looked different from all the supplies but was not having much luck. I suddenly could feel someone else's presence. Tensing up, I gripped my wheelchair ready to roll. A bright light blinded me.

"Sorry about that. I will turn it down some." I opened my eyes as the light dimmed. I could see the entire Anoon now. It was huge! There were so many supplies. I could also see my visitor. "My brother thought you might need a little help and I volunteered."

"Eutu? Oh boy, am I glad it is you!" I said relieved but still worried. I was running out of time. "I am looking for the machine that is taking this Anoon out of Koohoc. Help me please!"