"How could you not tell me it was Fred," Fiona breathed. She felt herself growing smaller as each second ticked away. "You've known about us this whole time, how could you never tell me?"

Thoughts of Heidi and Fred filled her mind. They mingled with the knowledge of Heidi's plans to exclude her from the post-graduation trip. Together the concoction of thoughts had formed a deadly elixir in Fiona's mind.

What kind of friend was Heidi?

"I...I," Heidi's words became lost in the back of her throat as she watched Fiona's stance seem to crumple. "I wanted to...but I didn't want to hurt you."

Roger clicked his tongue tauntingly while he shook his head. "Or she was just perfectly happy waiting to see if he did the same thing to you," Roger leaned closer to the group as he spoke.

"That's absurd, Roger," Heidi quickly dismissed.

"Do you think I'd want to be with someone who did that to you?" Fiona's mind was racing and her thoughts all seemed to conflict with each other. How could she open herself up to a person who hurt her friend so badly? And how could her friend stand by and allow it?

Perhaps Roger was right. Maybe Heidi's silence was an act of revenge. A lingering hope that history would repeat itself.

At that moment Fred, George, Angelina, and Lee turned the corner. Their laughter reached Fiona before they did. At the sound of their carefree giggles, Fiona began to feel nauseous.

Roger turned to see the group of Gryffindor approach. He lightly smiled as he waited for the result of his groundwork to come to fruition.

"Princess!" Fred jovially greeted Fiona with his arms outstretched. Fiona stepped backward at the sound of his approaching footsteps, backing into Malcolm who gently steadied her.

"It was you then?" Fiona muttered in a pathetic tone. Fred looked around for help, utterly confused. "You were the one who Heidi was with last term."

Fred's eyes found Heidi. His nostrils flared as his brows pushed down over his eyes. Heidi looked away, her features contorted to convey some sort of abstract pain.

"Fiona, princess, look, let me explain all of this," He spoke softly and once again reached his arm out to Fiona. As his hand fell on her shoulder Fiona quickly shook him off, as if his touch caused as much pain as a Vampyr Mosp's sting.

"Do you have any idea how much you hurt her? Or did that just never matter to you?" Fiona spat. It was as if her sadness was suddenly in fight mode, and she refused to be the only victim of this battle.

"Aw, c'mon Princess, you know I'd never do that to you," Fred said in a desperate attempt to mitigate the situation. George planted his head in his palm with a sigh.

"Oh, well alright then, I suppose that's okay," Fiona reposted in a dry voice. Fred grinned broadly as he looked over his shoulder at Angelina and George for approval. They both returned his grin by grimly shaking their heads.

"I should be flattered?" Fiona continued. "Honored maybe? How lucky of me to be the one girl you decided to show an ounce of respect!" Her words cut through Fred. He turned back to Fiona with a grimace, his head slowly shaking.

"C'mon, princess," Fred's begged in a strained voice.

"Don't tell me to c'mon!" Fiona snapped. "You broke my best friend over the summer, how am I supposed to just let that go?"

Heidi's face began to redden at Fiona's words, and Fred peered at her, perplexed by Fiona's statement. "Broke? Heidi, it was one night," he exasperatedly grumbled. Heidi's eyes darted away from Fred.