𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒

Start from the beginning

The flashbacks came back when I was little when he was watching me undress, terrified, after a night out with my sister. I heard the car door open and Edward's eyes were looking behind, knowing that it was Marsha.

"You better let me go before I scream. I am sure your girlfriend would love to hear facts about your sexual desires for children; better yet her teenage daughter even."  I look at him with no remorse. His face was filled with humiliation for him knowing that I would without hesitation and he let me go.

After seeing my mom's reaction when I told her the good news about me writing my book, it is the best reaction I needed for a day after my encounter with Edward.

"Darling, I knew you would do it." I smile. "So what is the plan for your book?"

"I had a coffee with Anna and she said that she will discuss with the company and let me know soon. If I get it to publish, I'm wondering if you would like to tell my readers about you and our story... if you're willing to get that attention?"

"I will be happy to! Nothing can suppress our mother-daughter relationship..." We laugh together and let her have a copy of my poem. I give her a hug and hope that my second-youngest brother, Leo, is here so I can see how he's doing. When I'm going upstairs, I receive a hug from the back, knowing that it is Leo.

"Hiya, sis!"

"Leo! You almost scared me... have you learned no manners around women?", slowing teasing him.

"You're hardly a woman, Dahlia, you're an adopted sister." One thing I really don't like about my family is that they still see me as an "adopted sister", not knowing hearing those words gives me pain in my stomach. "While you have time in London, there is nothing to eat in the fringe. Light bulb's gone in my bathroom, and the kitchen sink smells like a dead badger." I laugh and I shush him to be quiet, so our mom can't hear him.

As he finished his thought, "Good news. Curt's got a load of bricks for the pizza oven. He's said he'd give me the lot for 500 quid, which I said I was good for, obviously, but I'm, well, short."

Of course... I ask him knowingly, "So, you want money?"

He smiles at me, "Thanks, sis. You're the best."

"Remind me again how much money you spend dyeing your ridiculous-looking hair?" My brother dyes his hair from brunette to platinum blonde, knowing it was more than 500 quid...

"I get it. It's about our mum's birthday," No, it's just not about that...

Ever since I became a writer, he basically shut me out. Knowing that he's jealous that he's 3 years older than me having a successful career aside from him working at the pub. From now, he has been asking me about money for two years and is not able to keep up for himself. I understand why Mom said that I have self-control from our dinner.

"I'm sorry that I forgot. I have a lot going on at the moment, and I'll make it up to you at our mum's fast-approaching 70th." He laughs. My brother was not the same when we were little before he has the worst role model to look up to, his father. "Oh, come on, sis, I'm joking. Have a little sense of humor, will you?"

"Not everything is always about you, Leo. Have a little sense in life, will you?" I left him alone in the hallway, thinking about my statement.

Onto the train to London, I'm very excited to see Benjamin again. Hopefully, tonight will be a great night together. I'm still worried about my family. Patrick has been worrying about Mom, calling and calling her, when she wants to be left alone. I understand what my oldest brother has been to, but he needs to be a father to his beautiful daughters and a husband to his wife first. Even though she's alone with her baby son.