7: It's Not Your Job

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to head back to Scar, she'll wake up soon if I'm not there," I tell him. "You go. I'm going to get some guys in to fix the widows. and I'll clean up the rest." I nodded. "Take the car... I'll pick it up later." I nodded. I put the bag in the backseat and drove back to my building.

I went straight to my room. She was still sleeping. I laid beside her and tapped her shoulder and she rolled over in her sleep and snuggled into me again like I never left.

--------------

"Don't make me get up yet." She mumbled when she felt me move. I smiled. "I won't," I say adjusting how I was laid to get comfortable again. "I went to the house," I tell her. "Why would you?" "To get Rose some of her things... And I'll fix the spear room up, move my rubbish out of there and she can have that room and you can have this room and I'll move in with Flo or Tom." "You don't have to do that." "I know baba. But I want to."

She looked up at me. "Do you like Lizzie?" "Scarlett, please," I say looking up at the ceiling. "Just tell me." "I don't know. I don't know Scar." I tell her. "How do you not know?" "Because feelings are complicated... I don't know what I'm feeling." I look at her her green eyes already looking at me. "All I know is I need you safe." "Why?" "Because I care about you... I know that." Her face softened. "You want dinner? I could cook for you? Or we could order in?" I asked sitting up slightly she sat up too. "I don't mind." She laid her head on my chest still in an upright position.

"Maybe Pizza?" She says. "I'll get it ordered." I pecked her cheek. "Chris is coming over," I tell her putting my phone on the bed after reading my message. "He's been at the house cleaning." "My friends are the best." "We are." I say back."Come on let's get freshened up." "I hate this part." She moaned. "The getting out of bed part?" She nodded. "Come on." I got out from behind her and stand up. "I'll carry you to the bathroom." I offer. She smirked playfully. "Come on." I leant over and she wrapped her arms around my neck and then her legs around my waist and I picked her up. "How are you strong enough for this?" She asked. "I'm a dancer, we pick people up all the time," I say going into the bathroom. "You want a shower?" "Are you going to join me?" "No," I tell her laughing. "Boring." She says I sit her on her counter and she let's go of me. I stand between her legs for a few moments scanning her face.

"I'll keep you safe," I promised her. "It's not your job." I looked away from her and went to the shower and turned it on adjusting the temperature for her. "Here it should be good," I tell her. "I'll um, be elsewhere." "Lottie I didn't mean to upset you." "You didn't." I smiled at her. "I'll get you some clothes out." I left the bathroom and go to the room and find her something to wear. I changed too into fresh clothes after taking a nap in these. I put on some leggings and a sports bra with a tank over the top for modesty sake.

I go into the spear room and strip the bed so the sheets are clean for Rose. I put her toy's on the desk and I put her clothes away, I moved my boxes of stuff out into the hallway. "Charlotte?" Chris called. "Hey." I smiled when he came into the hall. "Here let me help." He took the box of books from me. "Where are they going?" "Um... The closet in my room?" "Got it."

I followed Chris with another box and we put them in the large walk-in closet. All my clothes were hung up some of Scarlett's mixed in there too. We put the boxes in the corner. I heard the the shower shut off so we left Scar to come out and change in peace.

"Rose's room looks cute." Evan's said coming into the kitchen where I was putting the sheets to wash. "I tried, I'll let Scar adjust it. She has a thing about her teddies." I say dismissing it. "Tell Scar I've gone to pick up the Pizza." He nodded.

-------

CHRIS' POV

Scar came out in Lottie's clothes, they were clearly hers because they were too big for her, too long they fit everywhere else. "She said she cared about me." She beamed. I smiled at her she looked so happy right now. "She promised to keep me safe." "Yeah." She nodded, her face falling a little. "I told her it wasn't her job to do that and I ruined it." "You ruined it?" "She walked away." "She left you?" "She sorted the shower for me and laid me clothes out." "She's gone to get you Pizza. You didn't ruin anything." "But she didn't say she didn't have feelings for Lizzie... She said it was complicated."

"Scarlett do you have feelings for her?" "I don't know." She says looked elsewhere. "I might? I'm unsure... I know I don't like it when others are with her." "You've always been the jealous type," I tell her. "I don't think she likes that." She chewed her lip. "I think if you actually spoke to her then she might open up to you." "I can't get in a relationship...I have Rose." "Have you seen what she's done for Rose?" I asked her taking her hand and showing her the spear room.

She looked around. "She did this?" I nodded. "She would try with Rose if you both are committed to it." She blinked back tears looking around the room. "You have to open up to her. She's not Colin. She seems sweet." "Seems... nothing is for sure."

"Scar, she's a pretty, intelligent, talented girl, if you don't take her someone else will," I tell her being brutally honest. "And that someone may be your friend... You can't get mad at them if you're not ready for it." She nodded chewing her lip. "PIZZA." "You need a minute?" She nodded not looking at me.

Scar's been protecting her heart since Colin broke her down. And I think Lottie just may be the girl who can take it look after it the way it should be. But if Scar isn't ready she'll miss her chance because she's an amazing girl and someone will snap her up pretty quickly.

"Is she okay?" Lottie asked when she didn't see Scar beside me, she even went to stand up before I held my hand out stopping her. "Just looking at Rose's room," I assured her. She nodded.

"You excited to start filming." She nodded chewing her lip. "What is it?" "I'm cutting my hair on set...filming it." "Wow," I say shocked, it's the first thing you notice about Lottie, her long perfectly kept dark glossy hair. "They want it to be this big freeing moment from the red room." She explains. "Sounds emotional." She nodded biting her pizza slice.

"Look who came to join us." She says smiling as Scar came in she sat on the sofa and took the slice Lottie was eating. "Yeah sure help yourself." She says sitting back watching Scar eat the slice. "Help yourself there's loads of pizza," Scar said teasing her. "I hate you sometimes." She said with a smile on her face that screamed adoration.

She'd look after Scar I knew she would I just wish Scarlett did. And could trust her enough.

---------

SCARLETT'S POV

Rose was playing in her room whilst I said goodbye to Lottie. Flo was here to help her with her bags, they were going to lunch or something after. "You know you don't have to do this," I tell her, Flo was taking her bag down to the car. "I know. But I wanted to. It's what's best for Rose."

She did care about her a lot. "You'll sleep with the button right." I nodded, there's an intruder button Lottie never set it up until last night when Rose got home. I slept with it under my pillow. "I will," I assured her. "And you'll call me." I nodded. "If I need anything." "I'll see you at work tomorrow." "I'm dropping Rose off at school then I'll be right there." "Okay. I'm going to Breakfast but will be there after." "With Lizzie?" "Scar don't." She warned.

"Well, bags are in the car," Flo said coming back into the apartment. "I'll see you tomorrow." She hugged me. This is the first we'd stay apart in like three weeks. It was going to be weird.

She left and I went and sat with my daughter for a while playing with her and she told me all about her camp experience. She really enjoyed it. Of course she did it was a drama camp and she's the most dramatic child I have ever met.