"Oh, nothing major. Just a little reminder for my dear brother that he can't fool me so easily." the blonde hybrid replies. In the next second, my shielding spell is broken and I am thrown back by magic. Klaus' witch sister Freya Mikaelson emerges from a side room and glares at me.

Kol, seeing that our plan has blown up, charges at his brother in a last attempt to reach our goal after all. But he fails. It takes Klaus, who is the more experienced fighter, only a few seconds to take the golden dagger away from Kol. After that, Kol cautiously retreats away from the hybrid.

Klaus, on the other hand, keeps his eyes on his younger brother and slowly approaches him. I get up from the ground and raise my hands.

"Try anything and you're dead!" Freya warns me.

Elijah appears behind me. He wordlessly keeps his gaze on Kol. Elena stares at me with widened eyes. She and I both know our plan has failed. And the worst part is, there is nothing either of us can do for Kol.

Kol himself looks around and finds himself trapped. He sees the object Klaus took out of the drawer. It's a silver dagger.

He looks at me. His dark orbs seem to tell me that he regrets the way things are going right now. I return his gaze with helplessness and slightly shake my head, trying to say I'm sorry.

He swallows and takes a deep inhale. "Don't fight them, Bonnie! They'll tear you apart. That's just not worth it." He shoots a quick glance to his two elder brothers who still have him cornered.

"Wise words, brother. How surprising, given the stupidity that led you to this situation." Klaus says. Disappointment drips from his voice.

Kol clenches his jaw and looks at me again. "You know what? Hell freezes over before I let myself get daggered again without having kissed you, little witch!"

With determination on his face, he closes the distance between us and pulls me towards him. I stare into his dark eyes. I am shocked by his words, but at the same time, I feel a tingling in my lips. As if they are only waiting for his kiss.

The wait isn't long. After a poignant look into my eyes, he leans down and presses his lips on mine.

His kiss is urgent and passionate

His kiss is urgent and passionate. It says more than words ever could. I put my hands on his cheeks and return his kiss with the same passion and urgency as his scent, a breeze of pine, ginger and freshly cut grass, envelops me. Right there, just for a moment, there is no danger, no worry and no sorrow. Only Kol and me.

Unfortunately, the moment doesn't last. Kol eventually pulls back and looks me in the eyes again. "I'll see you in the next life."

And then, Elijah pulls him away from me and holds him still while Klaus drives the dagger through his heart. He groans in pain when the old metal pierces his organ. I wince at the sound of this.

A massive wave of pain, helplessness and anger make me see red. I curl my hands into fists. In my mind, I am calling out to my ancestors, asking them to help me defeat those monsters. And it doesn't take them long to answer. Only a few seconds later, Kol has not even dessicated completely yet, I can feel the presence of at least five witches beside me. One of them is my Grams, the other four, I don't recognize. But instead of helping me like I ask them to, they pull me into a trance-limbo or whatever it is. Fact is, I am being pulled out of my body and now I am standing before my ancestors, facing them.

Grams speaks to me first. "It's good to see you, Bonnie. We have been waiting for you to call on us for a long time now."

"You have?" I am confused.

A woman I never met before with strange clothes speaks up next. "Yes, we have. We all have acknowledged that the behaviour of the original vampires and especially the hybrid is going too far. The blood of the doppelgänger provides him with too much power. It is beyond our imagining how much damage he will cause to the entire world if this continues."

I nod in understanding. That makes sense.

"So we decided to help. Bonnie, we need you to perform a spell. As soon as you awaken again, you must start with the incantation. The spell is directed to the doppelgänger, your friend Elena. We will tell you the words now." the stranger continues.

"You will have the support and power of all Bennett witches behind you with this. So you needn't worry about Freya Mikaelson." Grams adds.

I curl my lips, feeling a bit unsure. "What will the spell do?"

"Give Elena a chance. I'm afraid, we may not have time to discuss the details. We just need you to trust us, Bonnie. Can you do that, baby?" Grams' gaze is pleading.

I give her a confident nod. This is my Grams. She knows what she's doing and she would never harm Elena. 

Grams nods back at me with relief. "Are you ready?"

I lift my chin. "Yes."

***

My head feels heavy when I open my eyes again. I am lying on the floor in the Mikaelson mansion. As I sowly get up again and regain orientation, I notice my best friend calling my name. Elena's voice sounds worried. The first thing I see is Freya Mikaelson, who is bending over me and seemingly checking what was going on with me. Behind her, Elijah and Klaus Mikaelson are standing, looking at me. Kol is still lying in front of them; they haven't moved his body to his coffin yet.

I stand up and take a few steps away from the Mikaelsons and in the direction of my friend, who is still tied up on the chair Klaus put her on. With a wave of my hand, I remove the ties and Elena gets up to stand before me, putting her body between me and the originals.

"I admit, you dropping to the ground all of the sudden makes me curious. Tell me, what happened?" Klaus asks, interest evident on his face.

I take a moment to steady myself and feel the bond to my ancestors before I calmly answer: "I had a talk with some relatives." Then, I turn to the brunette girl n front of me and take her hands. Elena turns around and looks at me in confusion, but doesn't budge; she trusts me.

I start chanting. The Mikaelsons try to stop me, but my ancestors keep them at bay. The spell I am performing is a rare and difficult one. It requires a lot of power. Minutes go by as the power of the spell builds up and gathers in me, ready to be released and work its magic on Elena. With my instict, a tool every witch has and uses, I feel when it's time.

With the last words of the incantation still on my lips, I release the spell at Elena

With the last words of the incantation still on my lips, I release the spell at Elena. She gasps and stumbles backwards. For a moment, a strange light surrounds her, takes her in.

Then, she is gone.

Hi guys, 🙂

Happy 1st of May! 🙂 Hope you like the new chapter.