- KIND & AIN'T AFRAID TO CRY

Start from the beginning

"Chifuyu, right?" The woman asked, "Y/N talks about you a lot. She seems happier with you. She used to date this guy named... Haitani Ran? Yeah, that's it. They had a messed-up relationship. But, with you, it's all sunshine and rainbows. She's happy so don't you dare break her heart."

Chifuyu glanced down at the sleeping girl, a small smile pulling at the corners of his lips.

"I wouldn't dare." He muttered, softly stroking Y/N's face.

"Ah, so cute." The store's owner cooed, "Well, there's no point in her being here now so go ahead and take her. Tell her that her next shift is tomorrow at noon." Chifuyu nodded as he stood up, cradling the girl gently in his arms like she was a fine piece of China.

"Hm? Chifuyu?" She slowly opened one eye, squinting. She was being carried bridal style by her soulmate who was, surprisingly, very strong.

"Your boss told me to take you since you were asleep. Let's go to a park, yeah?" He grinned while Y/N smiled, nodding her head.

"Okay. Wake me up... when we get there." And, with that, she fell asleep once more.

"Yo! Chifuyu!" His name was suddenly called out. He peered over his shoulder, spotting the captains of Toman.

"Oh, hey guys." He greeted them with a smile.

"What happened to my sis?" Baji asked, narrowing his eyes, "Did you drug her? You better have not." Mitsuya held the ravenette back.

"Don't be stupid, Baji. Chifuyu would never do something like that." The lilac-haired boy said.

"She fell asleep at work and her boss told me to take her, so I did. We were just about to go to the park." Chifuyu explained.

"Kenchin! Let's go with them to the park! I wanna see the cherry blossoms!" Mikey exclaimed, eyes shining.

"Mikey, we might be interrupted their date." Draken sweatdropped.

"This isn't a date!" Chifuyu spluttered, cheeks burning bright red, "It isn't! You can tag along if you really want to!" Teasingly, Baji smiled.

"Man," He slung an arm around his blonde friend's shoulders, "She has you wrapped around her finger, doesn't she?"

"... Did you know she used to date Haitani Ran?" The question popped up out of nowhere but Chifuyu was curious. Did his soulmate really date someone as obnoxious and tough as Ran?

"Yeah. It was a big mistake though because he didn't even treat her right. Fucking asshole." Baji clicked his tongue, scowling, "If I could, I would punch him right in the balls." By the looks of it, Y/N's younger brother despised Ran and Chifuyu would be lying if he said he didn't feel the same way.

"Kei... what are you doing here?" Y/N suddenly awoke after hearing her brother talk about his ex.

"Third-wheeling, duh." The black-haired boy grinned.

"More like sixth-wheeling." Draken muttered under his breath, scoffing. Y/N quietly giggled at his sarcasm.

"Oh, we're here." Chifuyu announced. He gingerly placed Y/N down and she wobbled slightly, feeling a little bit dizzy. Baji grabbed her by the shoulders, stabilising her.

"Hey, Fuyu, look." Once she regained balance, she nudged her soulmate and pointed at a lone tree that held a special meaning to the both of them.

It was where they sat after their first date, talking about Baji, part of Y/N's life, and... French. Chifuyu didn't want to remember that last part.

"Hey, Y/N-chan, I'm curious about something." Mikey piped up as the group entered the cherry blossom-filled park. Pink petals swirled around in the end, giving them scenery a much more enchanting quality.

"Hm? What is it?" Y/N questioned.

"What's your ideal type? You know, as in romantic partner. Does Chifuyu fit it?"

Everybody froze, eager to hear Y/N's answer. She blinked, parting her lips slightly.

"Ah... my ideal type... well, kind and ain't afraid to cry, someone who treats his momma right. And, maybe someone with dyed blonde hair and an undercut, pretty green eyes, around 168 cm tall, Toman's first division vice-captain, an ear piercing, and a great fighter." She beamed while Baji sent her a deadpan look.

"Did you just describe Chifuyu?" He inquired, arching eyebrow. Y/N hummed.

"Bingo bongo, right on the money! My ideal type is Matsuno Chifuyu!" She exclaimed.

"What about you, Chifuyu?" Smiley questioned, "What's your ideal type?"

"E/C eyes, black and blonde hair, S/C skin, manga artist, (insert your height) tall, related to Baji-san, soulmate mark is her hair, cried twenty times over the Train to Busan, hard-working, cute." He answered.

"... You two are hopeless." Baji's eye twitched, "Arg! Fuck you! How did you guys find each other so easily?! Fuck this!" Y/N and Toman watched in amusement was Baji threw a fit.

"Hey, I have an idea," Mikey pitched in, "Let's play hide and seek! It'll be fun!"

"Yeah, I guess we can play a game. Maybe not hide and seek though." Draken muttered.

"I don't mind. Just not hide and seek." Mitsuya shrugged.

"I wanna play tag, not hide and seek." Smiley added.

"How about green light, red light?" Baji suggested, "I saw it in Squid Game. Anything but hide and seek."

At this point, they were all just bullying Mikey. Y/N chuckled, watching the boys with a gleam in her eyes. But, alas, all good things come to an end eventually.

━━━━━━

"Bye Y/N! Take care!"

"Can't wait to hang out more, Y/N-chan!"

"Bye bye!"

"Be safe, Y/N! Use Baji-san as a human shield if you run into trouble!"

Y/N giggled at the various remarks from the Toman members. She grinned at Chifuyu, sending him a small wave. He returned the gesture which made her smile.

"Hey, sis, let's get some food." Uttered Baji as the two siblings walked across the road after looking left and right. Y/N shrugged.

"Sure. Let's stop by the bakery too. I want some pastries." She was blissfully unaware of the expensive sports car speeding down the road and it wasn't until Chifuyu warned her did she realize what was happened.

"Y/N, WATCH OUT!"

Everything else was a blur after that. All she could remember was seeing glass shatter, blood staining the road, the driver stumbling out of his seat, and then everything went black.