---------

"KLOSS," Scarlett called from across the parking lot. I looked at her and she was jogging over to me so I walked towards her pulling my bag onto my shoulder. "Can we talk now?" She asked. "I'm taking Lizzie out at 8 so." She checked her watch. "Like a date?" "Like a makeup dinner for the train wreck last week," I tell her. "I promise you, you weren't that bad... You were really pleasant and sweet." I kept a firm look on my face. "What is your issue?" She asked.

"Nothing." "Because I know things about you? Charlotte that's how relationships form." "Relationships end and I'm all maxed out on that. So forget everything. I'll come to Rose's party and then that's it. We can go back to being stranger that knows nothing about each other."

"I don't want that."

SCARLETT'S POV

I get it she doesn't like being vulnerable but this isn't a choice. I can't just wipe my memory. "No." She raised her eyebrow up at me. "No?" She asked amused. "We're friends. You said I'm stuck with you. Well, you're stuck with me too" I tell her firmly. "I haven't got time for this bull shit." She said, it sounded posh because of her accent and I tried not to find it cute that she swore because I was annoyed at her right now.

"Bullshit?" I questioned. "Bull shit." She said slower. "CHAR?" Tom called. "Hey, back up." He put his hands on her shoulder. "What's up?" He asked me standing in front of her as if protecting her. "Nothing," Charlotte answered. "We're talking, you can leave." "I can't." "You can't? I'm not going to upset her." "No, he can't because he doesn't trust me." She laughed. "Fuck you too." She said turning from him and getting in her car and driving off quickly.

"What was that about?" "She has a slight temper... She wouldn't mean to-"She wouldn't hurt me." I tell him firmly. "She wouldn't," I tell him again. She's not that type of person.

I drive home to my empty house, another week where my daughter would rather be with her father. Maybe I am a bad mum. Maybe that's why she doesn't want to be here with me anymore. She's always at Colin's. Maybe I'm my mother.

------

CHARLOTTE'S POV

"Thank you for an amazing night," Lizzie says as we stand at the door to her house. "Of course, thanks for letting me make it up to you," I say softly. "You wasn't bad Lottie." "Oh please." "Seriously. You were all cute and cuddly and you got me dancing and-" She was smiling so wide. "You danced. I didn't do anything..." "You made me feel kinda safe." I smiled at her "Like you weren't judging me." She looked down at her shoes, I tilted her head up to look at me with my finger. "No one is judging you, Lizzie, we're all friends... Be yourself unapologetically." I tell her pecking her cheek. "I'll see you at work." She nodded.

I waited for her to unlock her down before I turned. "Breakfast tomorrow?" She asked. "Sure." I smiled at her waving as I got in my car. As I drove to the hotel my phone began to ring. "Hello?" I answered not checking the ID. "Charlotte." "Scarlett?" I questioned she sounded like she was crying or had been at least. "I'm a bad mum." "What are you talking about?" I asked her confused. "Rose she hates me. she never wants to be home anymore. I'm a bad mum." "No, you're not Scar... You're a great mum." She sobbed.

"I'll be over in ten okay." I tell her making a 'U' turn and heading back towards her place.

------

I let myself in as the door was unlocked. I locked it for her. "Scarlett," I called out to her. I could hear her sniffling. She looked at state, her eyes red and under them all puffy. "Scar," I say sadly hugging her immediately. "I shouldn't have called you. I just... You... I." "Hey it's okay." I tell her holding her again. "What happened?" "Last week Rose stayed at her dad's, the week before that she was mostly at his place. This week she's at his." She paused. "I think she hates me." "How could she hate you?" I questioned her. "You're incredible." I praised.