Chapter 21

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: 

The book is ending soon! Only a chapter and the epilogue to go! I do want to have a proper ending, so I'll be doing a Q and A + Face reveal (maybe) after!

SO IF I GET ENOUGH QUESTIONS ON THIS I'LL DO THATTT. LEAVE AS MANY AS YOU WANT!

Okay, you can read now.

 Quint POV:

Suddenly, an uproar of voices erupted.

"WHO ARE YOU?"

"ARE YOU HERE TO SAVE US?"

"THERE'S MORE PEOPLE ALIVE!"

"WHY IS EVIE HERE AGAIN?"

"DOES THIS MEAN EVIE'S DEFEATED? CAN WE GO HOME?"

"FINALLY! I CAN HAVE REAL FOOD WHEN I GET BACK!"

"EXPLAIN YOURSELVES!"

The whole team got tense after seeing humans for the first time in ages. I immediately started looking around the crowd for my parents. Could they be here? Are they alive? Next to me, everybody was frozen in place. Then a small smile formed on Jack's face. "Guys... we did it."

After a moment of silence, we jumped up in joy. "WE DID IT! WE DID IT!"

"I knew it! I knew there were more humans out there! We found them guys!", cried June.

We took ten minutes to calm down. The crowd erupted with various comments and theories but June shut them down at once.

"Everybody QUIET! We are not your enemies. We defeated Evie and we're here to rescue you."

The land shook with the cheerful mayhem that followed. That's when the gravity of the situation set in. We had found other humans. Survivors. And they were okay! ...relatively. "We're survivors of the apocalypse from Wakefield. Evie tried to overtake the entire world with the help of the demonic idiot, Rezzoch but we defeated her. Fast forward to a day later, we got to know that y'all have been captured under this godforsaken statue so we came to rescue you. There. Now don't scream and make us go deaf.", said Dirk, his voice mixed with awe and annoyance. "Very well summarised, Dirk.", I muttered.

"What are we going to do now? New York is in shambles and you're just kids!", cried someone from the crowd.

"Kids who just saved this whole freaking world and your lives, so shut it.", said June in the most stern, badass voice I had ever heard. We huddled together to come up with a plan.

"We should take them to Wakefield. As the douchebag said, New York is in shambles. It's not habitable.", suggested June.

"Definitely. I shall use my magic to construct multiple tents to house them.", said Bardle.

"We can revamp the surrounding ground of Wakefield after we get everything in control. Wakefield will be the new NYC guys!", said Jack, excitedly. The others agreed to this plan. It was a long shot, but with enough help from everyone, I trusted we'd get it done.

We then spent the next couple of hours helping the occupants of the Statue of Liberty pack and get ready to leave the ungodly residence for ages. The team split into groups and got things going. Although the humans seemed perplexed about the monsters on our team, after what the world went through, there was nothing that could surprise us anymore. (A/N:  *-* )

After a long time of packing, assuring and hugging, we were ready to get out of the Statue of Liberty. "Going out in 3...2....1!"

Everyone gasped as we left the statue. Seeing light for the first time in a year, they cried with joy. Some cheered. It was a marvellous sight to witness. People were hugging each other, teasing "I told you so!" to their family, and finally got a glimpse of the real world. The team and I were radiating pride and happiness. Our long term was finally completed.

We let them adjust to the outside world. As we were welcoming all the ones who thanked and prayed for us, I instinctively started looking for my parents. Looking at the rest, I was pretty sure they were too. June and Dirk also frantically went through the crowd, trying to catch the sight of their long lost family. However, in the sea of people, finding particular ones was next to impossible. I looked for anything belonging to my parents, hoping to find them. At this point, even a small chance was still a chance. Jack was at my side, helping me look through the crowd. Ever since school, before all the apocalyptic occurrences, we were the best of friends. We helped each other the moment the other called. To see that that didn't change brought great comfort. "Quint, I don't see them here, maybe we should go to the other side?"

But at that very moment, a voice from behind uttered the words I was never, in a thousand years, expecting to hear, "J-Ja-Jack? Is that you?"

*Maniacal laughter*