Scene eight

After that everything started moving along swimmingly. Rehearsals were going steady. Troy was acing basketball practice. Silvias time was flying by with work, rehearsal, and homework. Since the fight, the only time Troy would leave Silvia, would be school and practice and if she had work. He'd be there before school, after practice and after she got off. He spent the night most of the time. He wanted to be near her constantly. Having the fight happen, reminded him there was a possibility they could split up. That their relationship wasn't set in stone. She could leave him so he wanted to remind her what she loved about him. Their relationship wasn't perfect but they fought to stay together. That's what mattered.
The day Silvia was allowed back to school, Troy spoiled her with affection. When she wasn't there, all he could talk about was her. His friends were getting annoyed but they figured it was karma and it'd go away when she came back. They were wrong.
Silvia surprisingly didn't mind the almost suffocating attention. In fact, she bathed in it. She loved having Troy show her off and show he loved her. Her life was relatively normal. She went on group Skype every night to talk to her friends. Her and Kelsi got up early to bond and practice together. Brian has started staying for breakfast to get some time with them.

Ryan POV
I'm in my baby blue bedroom tapping my phone on his palm, pacing. I bit my thumb nail. Ugh I shouldn't mess up my manicure. I threw my hand down. I should call her. To check in. That would prove I'm serious about being her friend. Nope, I can't do it.
The next day, I went to a local tea shop while Sharpay shopped at the mall some more. The entrance bell rang and there she was. Looking as radiant as ever.

I looked away before I got caught staring

I looked away before I got caught staring. The seat in front of me was suddenly pulled out. There she stood with all her glory. She sat down.
"Hey." Was all she had to say.
"Hi. Um what are you doing?" I leaned on the table.
"Sitting what's it look like?"
"I mean why are you sitting with me?"
"Ryan, it was wrong of me to let Sharpay speak for you when we split up. We were closer than Sharpay and I. But you and Sharpay are inseparable, it didn't feel right being friends with only one."
"I get that."
"I'll amend that though. Let's go out this weekend. I'll make it worth it."
"I'm there." I firmly agreed with a nod before she left.

3rd POV
The day Silvia went back to school, she had AP biology with Gabriella. She mostly ignored her but when Gabriella approached her, she was kind of hard to ignore.
"Silvia can we talk?"
"I shouldn't."
"Does that mean you won't?" The bell rung and everyone left class. The teacher went to her desk and grabbed her things.
"Gabriella do you mind locking the door when you leave?" Gabriella turned to look at her.
"Uh sure no problem." Silvia gathered her stuff. Gabriella grabbed her wrist but she instantly pulled away.
"Don't touch me."
"Look I'm sorry okay. I'm sorry for taking you to Taylor and any part I played. I'm really sorry. You were a great friend and I'd like that back." Silvia sighed. She doesn't like grudges. They exhaust her.
"You're forgiven. Troy and I didn't break up so you didn't win." She went to walk past her but Gabriella spoke again.
"That's never what I wanted Silvia." Silvia turned back around.
"Then what did you want? You know other than my boyfriend."
"It's true. I did like Troy but it became strictly friendly after..." Gabriella looked down.
"After what?" Silvia insisted.
"After I realized it wasn't him, I had feelings for." She looked up and made eye contact with Silvia.
"Wait...you-"
"Don't freak out. It wasn't intentional. At first, I was attracted to Troys kindness but you're confidence always intrigued me. It started at the garden after you saved me from Sharpay. I started seeing you differently. Everything I did when I had a crush on Troy, I started doing with you but more frequently. The feelings with you are stronger. I'm sorry if it disgust you or creeps you out or you hate me now more than before. But it's why I helped Taylor help Chad. So maybe I had a chance." She shrugged but Silvia walked towards her.