Chapter 20: Big Brother Talk - Part 2

Začít od začátku

Debbie, again, gave a light chuckle, "Alright, Commander. Now, have you found anyone?"

"I have, indeed, soldier. But as a soldier, you need not to know the Commander's business."

"Hey c'mon. She's gonna be my sister in - law. Tell me please."

"No, soldier. Now bye, soldier. Take great care. Be tough and keep your head up high. Never let anyone put you down. I love you kiddo."

"Love you too Danny. I better meet her soon. What is she like?"

"Well, she has a younger sister... I think same age as you. She lives there in New York."

"Oh, so she's in her 40's too?"

"Yeah, probably a bit younger than you though."

"Alright. Well-"

"And before you say it Debbie, I can't have kids. I'm already old. And besides, if I do, they're gonna be blondies. I don't want a blondie." Danny interrupted.

"I love you, now bye, I'm almost home."

"Bye Debdeb. I love you too!"

"Bye."

Debbie hung up the phone, just in time when Lou called. But she didn't bother to pick it up. If Lou didn't care about her, why should she? But she couldn't help it anyways and picked it up.

"Debbie? Hello. Debbie?"

"Yes?"

"Erhmm, where are you?"

"Why?"

"Oh. No... just wondering. I was looking for you when everyone was saying goodbye, but you were gone."

"Yeah."

"Hey... sorry for declining you earlier, darl. I didn't-"

Debbie interrupted in a soft tone, yet in a tone that significantly shows sarcasm and vexation, but Lou was too blunt to know, "No, no, no... It's fine. I mean that Heather girl sure is important. Way more important than me, right?"

Both became silent-- a long silence.

"No, Debbie, I never meant it that way."

"Oh no, it's fine, Lou. I came back after 3 weeks of being away and wanted to just spend the night out with you and you kindly declined. It's fine."

"Debbie hun..." Lou sounded sincere now.

"Yes ba... Lou?"

Again, there was silence. It was stabbing both of them. Debbie was just about to call Lou, 'Baby.'

"Hey, just because I'm dating her now, doesn't mean you don't have to call me baby." Lou chuckled, hoping Debbie wouldn't really care, but Debbie did care.

"No... you can be called an 'Idi*t.'"

"What? Why?"

"Because you are an idi*t. I wanted to spend time with you tonight. Now I don't. I'm spending my night alone. So, if you'll excuse me, I'm driving right now. Hang up, please." Debbie whined. Her mood changed ever since she talked to her brother and right now, she's feeling a bit happy.

"I'm sorry, baby. I really am. I have to give time-"

"I know. To your pretty girlfriend." Debbie mimicked a little girl's voice, "No, don't worry. I'm not jealous or anything. We never dated, so no harm. We're still friends."

"Friends? You forgot the best bit."

"Nope. Best friends always have time for the other because they complete each other's world and always have time for the other."

"Debbie. Don't be like that." Lou was shocked at this. It felt like an arrow just hit her hard. Debbie knew that statement would hurt anyone, so she changed the direction. As mentioned before, Debbie no longer was able to love when she saw Heather and Lou, but that was romantic love she is not able to commit anymore. But the unconditional and undying love for her friends and family still remained. ( Well, of course it still remains ) And Lou had already crosspaths with not only being Debbie's intended lover, but her best friend.

"Fine. How about tomorrow? You own up to your mistake of declining me and we go out for Ice cream again, and go window shopping, and go-"

"Debbie, baby-"

"Nope. You can't call me baby because you haven't owned up to your mistake yet. Not to sound clingy or anything."

"Alright then... DEBORAH. Game on. So... tomorrow? What time?"

"How about.... 7? Work finishes at 5, you have your fitting right after. It shouldn't take more than an hour... so does 7 sound good?"

"Mhm. How about you come and pick me up?"

"Mmmm. Alright."

"Alright. So are we good?"

"Depends until tomorrow. You can't decline unless you're in an emergency such as losing an arm or you got shot in the head." Debbie giggled back.

"Okaay. By the way, virtual hug. I didn't get to hug you because you left. You went 'POOF' like a witch and disappeared. Why'd you leave. I wanted to hug you."

"I was tired." Debbie simply lied.

"Right. So when you asked me to have a night out with you, you weren't tire-"

"Don't even start, Lou. Bye now."

"Bye, Debbie. I love you."

"Yeah, bye."