Chapter 13: Testing

Start from the beginning

Titan bounds past and into the corridor yipping blissfully as he rushes down the hall.

"Looky here, it's the gold digger again." The high pitched voice of the imbecil Julie calls from down the hall. Clearly she hasn't seen Blaze yet, because whenever she sees him she plays nice.

"Hey JuJu!" Ria calls to Julie waving, she bristles at the name. According to Ria she has called her that from when Julie first started attempting to bully her and thus she has always hated the nickname.

Elle, her Isalor glares at the three of us, she's silent but extremely violent that girl. I watch as Julie's eyes go wide. Blaze must've stepped out of the room. Confirming my hypothesis, Julie starts blabbering and attempting to backpedal.

"Oh! Blazy-boo! I was joking with my dear friends here. She's not really a gold digger!" Julie batts of eyelashes and both Ria and I snort. We grin at each other and turn back to Julie.

"Shoo Julie, we need to get to the training gym. Be gone." Blaze waves her away and struts down the hall. The three of us following him.

Zim grins at me and turns to see Julie red-faced and seething.

"Nice Blaze!" Ria fist bumps her friend as we hop into the elevator. "What do you guys think we'll be doing today? We're getting our eggs in a few days so it's not that." Ria glances between us and looks down at her wolf. He rumbles in contentment and sits waiting for the elevator to open.

"Maybe just to see our fitness levels?" Blaze looks deep in thought, what else could it be though?

"It's not that..." Zim pipes up meekly looking at each of us then staring down at her feet, she shuffles them nervously on the ground.

"Do you know what it is?" I look at Zim, why didn't she tell me earlier?

She nods her head slightly, almost not at all. "Well... uhm..." Her voice trails off, "Maybe it's best if you just wait and see." She grimaces when she looks up at the three of us.

I'm studying her face when the doors ding and she steps out, we all follow her silently contemplating what it could be.

The four of us and Titan race across the bridge and up to the training gym, for once both Zim and Ria hold pace with Blaze and I who are a lot slower than them. By the time we finally reach the gym I'm bent over trying to catch my breath and Blaze has his hands above his head in a lame attempt at trying to steady his rapid breathing.

Almost the whole year is seated on the bleachers to the left of the gym, nearby I spot Logan, Ryker, Kalan and Thalium waving us over. Struggling to breath I gracelessly walk over to the four guys with the three others trailing. Titan bounds around as people stare and coo over him, I don't fail to notice Ria grunting in annoyance and ignoring all the comments about how cute the pup is.

As more students file in Titan comes and sits in between Ria and I, he stares ahead like a guard and refuses to move even when I notice a group of girls nearby attempting to draw him over with some sort of food.

"Anyone know what this is about?" Kalan looks between the four of us newcomers.

I shrug but point at Zim, "She does but won't tell." If she won't tell I'm throwing her under the bus. I grin at her red face as she tries and fails to cover the blush of embarrassment at being called out.

We chatter amongst ourselves for a short while until a fit looking middle aged man and King Alexander walk into the gym. The whole array of students fall quiet as they watch the two adults walk over.

"Ok! I am Mr Fallansburg, and this here is obviously King Alexander." I look at how the King is dressed and notice he is in a similar outfit to Ria and I, along with many other students. Black cargo pants, a plain black tee, plain black jacket and combat boots. The teacher, Mr Fallansburg, is wearing army clothes by the looks. A cameo shirt and pants, with combat boots.