Chapter 33

Ryder pounded on the front door while Rory stood impatiently besides him she hummed, her body shaking with energy from the cocaine. Her skin was hot to the touch and Ryder kept his hand on her wrist afraid she might suddenly bolt.

"What the fuck do you want?" Happy snapped before Rory came into view. "What happened to her?" When he reached for Rory, she shied away, confused and upset by his anger. "What did you do? You better have a good fucking explanation."

"Can we just come in? I don't want her causing some scene." Ryder looked around the street conspiratorially and as Happy stepped aside, he hurried in. "We got into a damn mess."

Through squinted eyes, Rory recognized Happy and leapt on him. "Baby," she purred into his ear. "I missed you so much baby, I want you to fuck me, hurt me, please."

Happy pried her off of him and held her jaw tight in his right hand as looked her over and examined her eyes. "She's fucked up." His cold eyes met Ryder's now. "You better fucking explain yourself before I snap your goddamn neck."

"Alright," Ryder looked mortified as Rory begged Happy to take her right then and there. Happy kept a firm arm around her as she rubbed herself all over him but he kept his eyes on Ryder. "Look, long story short; some asshole in one of your leather vests made her snort four lines of coke. I don't know what the fuck he cut it with because that," he pointed at Rory, "is not a person on pure cocaine."

"She did what?" Happy roared and, pushing Rory off him, lunged for Ryder.

"Hey," Ryder moved toward the door. "I didn't do shit. I followed her to some truck stop, found her buying drugs, I tried to stop her but before I knew it we both had guns in our faces."

He stopped, suddenly realizing the obvious truth of what had happened. "Shit." Happy growled and scooped Rory up in his arms. He wanted to bend her over, he wanted to do all the things she was asking him to but he couldn't. She was gone, out of her mind, and it felt dirty. "Sit and don't make a fucking sound I just got Emma to nap."

Carrying Rory up the steps, Happy ran her a cool bath and lit her a joint. "Don't leave me." She stripped down and began kissing his neck. "Let's fuck, please."

Happy closed his eyes as his hands roamed her body but he knew he had to stop. "Baby, I need you to smoke this and cool off." He pressed the back of his hand to her forehead to check that she was still burning up. "And then, if you do that, I'll fuck you." He wouldn't but it would get to stop torturing him, he didn't know how much more he could take.

The high was wearing off, Happy could tell by her slower movements. He wanted simply to have her pop some Vicodin but without knowing exactly what Benny gave her, it was too dangerous. The weed would help her sleep and he could figure it out from there. He was just relieved it wasn't something more long lasting like heroin or worse.

"You want some?" She offered him the joint but Happy declined.

"Get in the tub, Rory." He said forcefully and she obliged albeit with pouty lips.

It didn't take long for the combination of the comedown, cool bath and weed to knock her out. It seemed like a miracle. He scooped her out of the tub, awkwardly dried her off and put her in bed, still naked. After poking his head in to check on Emma he went down to find Ryder actually stayed put.

"I thought you woulda left."

"Is she okay?"

"Yeah, she's passed out now."

Ryder nodded, impressed, and took the beer Happy offered him. "You have experience with cocaine?"

"I have experience with everything. Now why were you following her?" Happy wasn't a fool, he knew he had to be thankful Ryder was there at least to drive her home.

"I had it all wrong." Ryder admitted. "I was trying to get her to see what I saw, the unhealthy aspects of your relationship. Then I wanted to keep her from buying, I figured you were pushing that to keep her compliant."

Happy pulled a face and grumbled something under his breath. Standing again, he rolled his jaw and fought the urge to pummel Ryder. "Who the fuck do you think I am? I love her." The ease with which the words left his lips shocked him, Happy was always so buttoned up but that came out far too easily for his liking.

"Why weren't you there then?" Ryder placed his untouched beer on the table and stood to match Happy's threatening stance. "She said you were supposed to be there."

"Emma," he said regretfully as the guilt built up on him. "She was freaking out, I still don't know why."

That was a good excuse and Ryder nodded in approval as if Happy actually cared. "Anyway she gave the dealer a different name and when I called her Rory shit went down. The dealer tied us up and smacked us around. After a while some guy, a member of your club, came and untied us. She told him she was using but you didn't know. He played it off as some free gift or apology thing and pretty much forced her to do the coke. I think he knew he she was lying and he wanted to fuck with her."

"Goddamn damn it." Happy sent his fist through the plaster, his chest heaving, as he breathed heavily to try to keep from losing control. "So really, this is your fucking fault, right?"

"I guess you could you say that."

Happy charged at Ryder and, grabbing him by his neck, slammed him against the wall. "If you go near her again, call her or even fucking think about her, I'll kill you. Got me?"

"Got you," he stammered. "I'm sorry."

--

No one is bored? I can keep this guy going for a while probably! xoxo