Chapter 18

Happy was chewing on his cuticle as he watched Rory sleep. He'd never seen her so undone, so out of control, be it unsettled something inside him. Even though she said Putlova had promised not to hurt Emma there was no reason to believe him. He had come after them for revenge, hurting their kid fit the bill after what transpired between the two Putlovas.

"Hi." Tara spoke softly as she entered the room. "I'm going to change her bandages."

"Okay." Happy nodded and turned away from Rory. "the prospect?"

Tara set to work, her eyes focused on Rory's back. "I'm surprised he's still alive at all, honestly. Bullets missed the majors but he's still critical. I'm not sure he'll actually make it but for now he's still breathing."

"That's good." Happy couldn't help but glance over his shoulder, he shirked back in response to the mess of swollen, red flesh and stitches he saw. "Jesus Christ."

"I know." She gave him a short nod. "It looks really bad."

"It's huge." Just as Tara described the letters were nearly eight inches, SAM on her upper back with CRO beneath. "When she wakes up will she freak out like that again?"

"I'm not sure."

"Someone's coming to sit with her, we got some shit to handle tonight."

"I'm sure you do. Jax told me someone would be here on the floor in case one of us needs anything."

"Good." Happy could take some comfort in knowing Jax was handling everything and looking out for his family even when he couldn't get his head right. Looking up at the sound of the door Happy stood and greeted Johnny. He was relived to see him and treated with more respect than he ever had.

"Jesus Christ." Johnny watched as Tara finished taping the bandage. "Is she okay?"

"She'll be okay." Tara assured him. "She just needs to heal."

"Emma?" He asked as Tara excused herself. "Where's Em?"

Happy covered his face. "The guy who did this has her. There's an exchange in a few hours. She'll be okay." She had to be. There was no other way to think for Happy.

"Do the cops know?" He asked, his head spinning, looking at Happy for more details. "How are you here? You need to go find her."

"Hey." Happy growled giving Johnny a hard shove. "I know what I'm doing. We have a meet set tonight, we'll get her back. Don't question me about my baby girl again."

Johnny clenched his jaw in an effort to not pop off and nodded. "I'll stay with Rory while you're on business."

"Yeah. I don't want her to be alone."

--

Cautious and quiet, Happy, Jax, Clay, Opie, and most of the others arrived at the location Piney had given them. Clay had a long conversation with Putlova Senior and while he swore he had no knowledge of the plan or even contact with his son in over a year, he promised to do what he could.

"I want everyone," Clays hand motioned between them, "Coming out of this alive. Us and Emma, that Putlova piece of shit is Happy's, anyone else is yours to take."

Nodding, they all agreed, and began toward the same tiny door that lead them to Happy. When they entered Putlova was bouncing Emma around in his arms. She looked dirty and exhausted but by all they could see she was unharmed. Happy was already boiling seeing his little girl in that monster's arms.

"Dada!" The child shouted by her smile turned into a deep frown when Happy didn't come to her.

Happy smiled sadly, "Hey baby," he said in hopes of keeping her from crying. "You're okay."

"Does she still have a mother?" Putlova asked. "I was surprised to see her bleed that much. Very unexpected." As Happy inched forward, only stopped by Tig's firm grasp, Putlova shook his head. "She wanted to be like you, I just gave her a patch she can't take off."

"What do you want?" Clay snapped. "We're here for that baby, so tell us what we need to do to get her back."

"Guns and cash." He said quickly. "You meet me and my men with one hundred thousand dollars in cash and my old man's first gun order or I'll slit his little brat's throat."

Happy yanked himself from Tig and lunged but Putlova was expecting it. The moment he saw Happy move he raised his knife to the child.

"Alright." Happy froze inches from Putlova with his hands up.

"Where?" Jax asked, hoping to move it along. "When?"

"Tonight. Eleven o'clock." He pointed to one of the men behind him. "I'll have one of my guys drop her off after I call him and tell him you didn't kill me."

"Where do we meet you?" Clay was skeptical.

"I'll call ahead with that information. I also want your IRA contact. I need out, I think all know that. They can get me out of the country, I need you to set that up."

"Done." Chibs answered knowing he could finagle something with the Irish.

"We don't have that money." Bobby mumbled to Jax who nodded.

"Let him see her." Jax instructed. "Then we have a deal."

Putlova held Emma out to Happy, both father and daughter looked simply overjoyed. "I'll bring you home baby." He spoke into her dark hair. "I love you, Ems."

The little girl held onto his ears and smiled at him. If there wasn't three guns pointed at him Happy would have run with her but he knew how that would end. The sound of two guns cocking and Putlova's snapping fingers signaled Happy to give her up again.

"If you hurt her," he said as he slowly handed Emma back. She instantly began to wail and reach for her father. "I'll rip your heart out."

--

Eek! Poor Emma and Happy! As usual I'm asking for feedback and saying thank you to those who left it before. I love you all!! Also, I'm thinking about a Mae/Opie but a much different view than we see in my series. Would you guys be interested in that? Xoxo Please let me know. Thanks!