Chapter 19

Side note: I posted chapter one of my new Opie story, I've Got This Friend. Check it out! Xo

--

Rory's eyelids fluttered as she slowly regained consciousness. The pain was the first thing to register in her mind then the worry over Emma took hold of her. Her eyes popped open to see Johnny sitting in the chair, his eyes closed as he whispered to himself. She knew he was praying, she used to do the same but when couldn't remember when she stopped.

"Hey." She whispered. "Sorry to interrupt."

He beamed, happy to see her awake. "Don't apologize. How are you, sweetie?"

"Did they get Emma?"

"That's where they are now I think; I haven't heard anything yet though." Reaching over he laid his hand over hers. "She's going to be okay."

"I want to go home Johnny."

"What?" The chair made an awful screeching sound as he moved closer. "Rory, you are home. You fought for this shit, for your family."

"I don't want it anymore. I can't do this to her or myself. He can see her, that's fine, but she's not staying in Charming."

"Let's just get her home and you healed." Combing through her hair with his fingers Johnny just wanted her to relax. She was far too emotional to think about taking Emma from Happy. It would be a battle that was for sure.

--

"Where are we going to get a hundred grand?" Tig asked as they sat in chapel. "What do we have in the safe?"

Bobby had just finished his calculations. "With Putlova's cash just under fifty but that's payment for the guns we have to give to his asshole kid now."

"Reach out to Putlova." Clay said to Jax. "I don't care what deal you have to make just smooth it over, VP."

"I'm going to be straight." Jax said as he stood. "Tell him about the baby and everything. He'll help us if we tell him."

All eyes were on Happy now. That would be his call ultimately considering it was his family. "Yeah, tell him."

"Chibs, get on with the Irish. Make sure they know the score, this prick doesn't get away."

"Aye, I'm on it."

That left Clay, Opie, Happy, Bobby, Tig and Piney to look for ways to pull that money together in a matter of hours. "We got markers out?" Their President asked.

"Yeah," Bobby skimmed the books. "I'll take Ope and we can start collecting on those debts."

"Make it happen."

"Prez," Happy pointed to the door.

"Go ahead, just stay reachable Hap."

--

Happy lingered outside the hospital unsure if he could face Rory without their daughter. It was clear she blamed herself and he couldn't add to that weight by not having Emma there. He flicked his toothpick to the ground and headed back to his bike on his way home.

When he walked in, his heart dropped again. Just seeing the disarray made him ill. The bedroom smelled of iron and rust, the blood began to dry on the wall and crust on the sheets. Feeling the bubbling rage again, partially from his meeting at the docks and now with the current reminder of Rory's suffering, Happy lost control. He turned, pulling the bureau down and sending Rory's toiletries and framed photos crashing to the floor. The drawers splintered and clothes spilled out as he tore around the room.

With a roar, he ripped the mirror from the wall, the glass shattered at his feet as he began to pant and sweat going about destroying their bedroom completely. Examining the debris and damage Happy sank to the floor with his head in his hands feeling numerous indescribable emotions. In a moment of rage and sorrow he grumbled and shook his head. "I wish I never fucking met her."