Book ten: remission and revelation

Start from the beginning

   "In my head she is. She will be, once I can get her to acknowledge I exist," thought as much. I took a good look at him. Lucky was hmm, someone you would describe as more brawns than brain. He might not be a muscle man, but I knew the guy could handle a fight pretty well on his own, even if he acts like a baby... Well, he is the last born of his family so that is easily understandable.

   Let's see, what else does he have? Height, even taller than Rominic which means Giovanna would be very short... Okay, wait, Giovanna is taller than I am by a couple of feet so maybe they would look okay-ish. What else? Ah! Golden walnut hair–or something like that–teak wood eyes, "lips as red as pink rose", and buff skin–looks like it. He wasn't a bad looking man. In fact, he was the kind of man thousands of girls would go commando for. Definitely worth it.

What the hell is Giovanna thinking not noticing this!

Girl, you have a man thrice the worth of this one, both financially, physically and mentally and you don't notice him. What does that make you?

   I was going to reply the bothersome mind of mine when someone said "Jambalaya?" It was a reaction I think my body was waiting for since I returned because I just found myself springing up with wide eyes. Not just the word, the voice of who said the word. I know that voice even in my sleep. Immediately I saw him there and confirmed it, my lips parted and my eyes widened with shock. Standing there staring at me with equal shock was no other than my first and ex boyfriend and best friend, one of the gang, Ferris.

   Ferris and I grew up together, like since four years old. We were inseparable and even shared the same mindset. Our mothers were best friends so even after mine died, she still made sure to check up on me and keep Ferris close. We both didn't like relationships or anything and somehow, we ended up dating so we could be each other's first kiss and partner. We made out, got intense foreplay but never had sex. We had this relationship, this understanding, this attraction... It's hard to explain but we loved each other in a way. I missed him most.

   "You're alive?" He asked through our special eye connection. I nodded with tears in my eyes. "How? We thought you died!"

   "I'm sorry, I'm sorry..."

   "Where have you been? We searched for you! I searched for you!"

   "I'm sorry." My best friend, the one that have always been there when others weren't, the first before the remaining six came. I pushed him away, I saw him as an enemy because of the dick that used me. I didn't tell him or the others I was alive or went to them because I was scared, I didn't think they would ever accept me back into their lives.

   He smiled, a smile that made me even more scared, but what he said next made my heart explode with joy. "I deserve a hug after just finding out you are alive, huh, Jammy?" I didn't wait a second before I pushed everything out of the way and flew into his arms. I missed him so much, I missed his voice and his presence.

   "Lavender, what is going on here?" Rominic asked, but he did not matter right now. Instead, I wrapped my hands around Ferris' neck and pushed my face away from his chest, smiling up at him through my tears.

   "I thought I would never see you again,"

   "I'm sorry, I couldn't come back after everything some worthless bastard made me do and the woman I became. I'm sorry, Koala Bear, I swear, I wanted to come back but how could I after everything..."

   "What happened to professional?" I heard Caroline sniggered.

   "There's a fine line between old friends and business partners, Mrs. Bell, hope you know that... Oh, wait, you don't," I responded without looking at her or anyone else. I was busy looking at his beautiful big Paris green eyes. Ferris was gorgeous, breathtaking, the only other man my heart felt comfortable with.