7 ~ Mind Over Heart

*Hussain's perspective*

I scrolled through the pictures stored in the gallery of my phone. I observed every picture, remembered all those memories attached with each picture.

Har picture se har ek baat judi hui aaj bhi mujhe yaad hai mujhe.

Ye pictures hai jo mujhe har ek baat yaad dila deti hai. Nafrat karta hoon tumse aur in tasveeron se, lekin inhein delete karne ki himmat nahi hoti. Nahi kar pata hoon. Pata nahi kyun?

I was lost in my thoughts staring at a picture of Anber and I when a click of the doorknob pulled me back to reality.

The door swung open and Anber came out of the bathroom. My eyes halted at her face. Her wet hair, damn never fail to catch my attention. Her eyes met mine and those brown eyes reminded me of our dance yesterday. I pulled my gaze away from her and threw my phone on the bed. I got up and grabbed a towel and with that, I rushed in the bathroom.

*Anber's perspective*

I came out of the bathroom drying my hair with the towel. My eyes met Hussain's and my hands stopped in their tracks. Our eyes met and those eyes reminded me of our dance yesterday.

Hussain looked away and threw his phone on the bed. He got up, grabbed a towel and headed to the bathroom. I sighed and walk towards the bed. I sat down on the bed and got back to drying my hair. I turned my head to my left and was drying my hair when Hussian's phone came in sight. My hand stopped in its tracks as my eyes caught the sight of what was on his screen.

Is that what I think it is?

I extended my arm forward and grabbed his phone. I was shocked, confused, happy all at the same time.

Shocked because he hates me so much lekin aaj bhi uske phone mein humare picture hai. Confused because humse nafrat karte hue bhi he has all these pictures. I thought he deleted them. Happy because I gained a new hope in me ke aaj bhi maybe he has some love in him for me hidden somewhere which he is afraid to show.

I scrolled through all the pictures. A smile automatically played on my lips as all those pictures appeared in front of my eyes.

After going through some pictures I closed his phone and placed it back on the bed.

I got back to drying my hair. Aaj jo bhi ho jaae Hussain, tumhein meri baat sunni hogi. I will try to talk to you and sort out this matter. I cant see us like this. I thought to myself.

I let my hair stay a little wet. I got up and ran my hands through my hair. I kept the towel back on its spot and walked out of our room.

*Hussain's perspective*

After taking a long relaxing shower, I wear my pajamas and walk out. Anber was not in the room. Seriously Hussain? You are looking for her? My mind asks me in disbelief. I throw all my thoughts away and dry my hair. Anber's wet hair flashes in my mind and this time I unexpectedly leave my hair a little dry just like Anber. A small smile crept on my lips from no where

A click of our door makes me turn around. Anber walks in. She... She looked a little nervous. She looked a little hesitant.

"Hu..Hussain wo... Mein.. I want to say something." Anber says stuttering.

"Kya hua Anber?" I question a little worried looking at her nervousness. She looked down unable speak up. I walk closer to her and place my hand on her arm.

"Kya hua Anber?" I ask softly

"Hussain I dont know how to--" She whispers worriedly but I cut her in between her sentence.