Chapter 20

"UGH! What the hell!?" your eyes opened slowly, and you slowly raised your head. You couldn't see anything but dark fabric, and familiar dark hair. "Who are you!? Don't involve yourself, I've got business to settle with that little brat behind you!" you heard Yui shout in a rage.

"Sorry~! But I'm afraid letting you hurt L/N-chan is utterly ridiculous and not allowed!" your eyes widened when you heard that voice. It was playful, but laced with venom and danger. "Tsu..Tsukasa..?" you mumbled, not being able to believe the words that tumbled out.

He turned his head and faced you with a careless smile. "It's been so long since I've seen you, L/N-chan!" his amber eyes were as wide as ever, and you found your heart racing when you stared at him. "What are you, their guardian!? Step out of the way!" Yui scoffed.

Tsukasa's head turned back to Yui, but he didn't show her the serene look he showed you. Instead, he looked annoyed. "You're in the way.." he mumbled under his breath. In one swift motion, Yui's head was suddenly in the palm of Tsukasa's hand. She gasped.

"What-What are you doing!? Let me go!" Yui screamed at him, trying to pry herself out of his grasp. Tsukasa just eyed her, and began moving his hand. He pushed Yui's head down so that she would hit the floor and shatter her skull. You turned away, not being able to watch.

But you never heard Yui's head collide with the floor, but instead heard her shriek in disbelief. "I almost forgot. I have to be gentle with girls!" Tsukasa said, holding Yui in his arms bridal style. "What!? Just let me go, you weird dumbass!" the girl protested against Tsukasa's actions.

"You hurt precious L/N-chan though...so should I really be gentle with this girl?" Tsukasa asked himself while Yui struggled in his grip. He suddenly dropped Yui onto the floor and kneeled down in front of her. He pressed two fingers against her forehead like he did with you.

"What..are you- Ah-" Yui's eyes drooped and shut. She fell forward and Tsukasa caught her. He stood up, his hand gripping her collar, and he dragged her to a door. He opened the door and swiftly threw her into it effortlessly. You let out a gasp of surprise at his actions.

He then ran towards you and enveloped you in a tight hug. "L/N-chan! You don't even know how much I missed you! I'm so sorry that I came late, I shoud've been here earlier! You must hate me for this now and-" you gaped at what he was saying. Hate him? He just saved your life!

You reached up and took his hands, holding them in your own. Your eyes stared into his intensely. "Tsukasa, how could I hate you after everything you've done for me? You've been there for me since the very start, I could never even think of disliking you!" you told him.

His wide eyes got even wider at your words. "Tsu-chan, you saved me! And I'm forever grateful for what you've done for me!" you cried, a faint red blush settling on your cheek. He jumped when you called him that. It was a nickname, a sign of closeness and happiness.

"L/N-chan..did you just call me Tsu-chan..?" he mumbled, not being able to believe it. You realized what you had said and went a bit red. "Oh! Uh- I'm sorry I shouldn't have called you that so fondly-" "No, no, it's fine. It was cute..." Tsukasa cut in. You stared at his face.

He looked...embarrassed. You've never seen him look so vulnerable before. "Thank you for saving me, I'll never forget this for as long as I live!" you thanked him, smiling. Tsukasa remained silent, but he slowly leaned towards you, his eyes half-lidded for some reason.

Slowly, his hand brushed your bangs aside and placed his gentle lips on your forehead. You froze when he kissed you like that, and you felt your face getting warmer. Such a foreign feeling, and yet you found it...comforting. It was warm and sweet...almost like you were floating.

"You don't have to thank me like you owe me something. I'd do anything for you.." Tsukasa's arms made their way around you and pulled you in tightly. You clutched is yukata, your heart beating out of your chest. This gentleness...you would've never guessed he could be like this.

"Do you..still want to go back to the club? Sakura and the others were waiting for you, y'know? We all missed you, especially me.." Tsukasa seemed flustered. You smiled and nodded. "Of course I do! I missed you guys too!" your eyes were glowing with happiness.

Tsukasa took your hand and ran forward, a big smile present on his face. A portal opened up, and you could see a bit of the scenery that you usually saw in the club. You smiled again, thankful that you would be able to see all of your beloved friends again, and be safe.

But you remembered something. That child who loved planting strawberries, got beaten to death, and returned for revenge was...you. You couldn't believe it...were you actually dead? How come you never remembered this? And...how could it be possible that you're a ghost!?

You debated on whether or not you should tell Tsukasa. You really didn't want to worry him, but at the same time you didn't want to keep any secrets from him. And now you really began to think about Yui. What she said and how violent she was. All of that for what? Just why?

She said she didn't want to be alone. You couldn't ignore that. And after all this, would she still talk to you at school? Probably not, that's a stupid thing to ask. You felt yourself getting pulled into a whole different world, and the scenery suddenly changed to a familiar one.

"Tsukasa? Y/N? Where did you guys come from?" you heard Sakura's voice, a little more panicked than normal. "Sakura-chan? This means, I'm back in the club!" you said, the brightness coming back to your eyes. All the negative emotions were flowing out.

Tsukasa looked on as you ran up to Sakura and started talking to her. You looked so bright and cheerful, the tiredness seemed to vanish. He felt his body getting warmer, as the feeling of satisfaction and need grew. He was fine with just this, but wanted more. More of you...

(A/N: Sorry this took so long. I was really busy with other stuff ;-; )