Chapter 12

"What..?"

"Oh, you're finally awake! Took you long enough! You have no idea how bored I was while waiting for those eyes of yours to open up, " a girl's voice spoke up, making you jump and look around. "Who- Who are you!? And where am I!?" you shouted in fear and anger.

"Jeez, stop shouting. It's not like I'm going to kill you...slowly. That'd be painful and a little messy, wouldn't it, Y/N?" the girl spoke again, her cheerful tone sending shivers down your spine. "Kill me? What are you planning!?" you didn't lower down your tone at all.

"Look, I have business to take care of. So, it'd be better if you just complied with me. Now stop with your incoherent screaming and listen to me, " you heard footsteps making their way towards you, and you began to shake a little in the chair you were tied up in.

"I'm jealous, really. You get to have splendid powers, and all I get is being pushed to the sidelines. Unlike you, I worked to get to this point! So, tell me, how is it that you're the one who gets to be a School Wonder?" the girl went on a tangent, and you didn't know how to reply.

"School Wonder? I have no idea what you're talking about. I think you have the wrong person, now please let me go!" you struggled with the ropes. The girl remained silent. Then, she began to giggle softly. Louder, and louder her laughs got...until she was laughing like a psycho.

"Not a School Wonder? Ahaha! You're funnier than I thought. More of a clown then I initially thought of you as!" you noticed how her laughing tone held a tiny hint of rage in it. You heard her hand slam down onto something. She giggled like a toddler, and it scared you more.

"I'm just...so surprised that out of all people, the universe picked you. I don't know why they'd think you worthy, and think I'm not! I've done so much, too much to get here! And all I get is a seat in the back row. Nothing more!" the girl's tone was slipping into an angry one.

"I really don't know what you're talking about. I've done nothing wrong, and I swear I won't tell anyone about this, just please let me go!" tears began brimming at the edge of your eyes as panic overtook you. The girl giggled again, but it was empty and freaked you out more.

"You expect me to let you go? After all you stole from me? I've been all alone, waiting for a chance to exploit my powers, but then you showed up and ruined everything. Ruined my perfect chance to become even more powerful than I already am! But no...BUT NO!" you jumped.

You could see the outline of a table as it went flying into the wall. You closed your eyes in fear as it crashed into pieces and fell onto the floor. "YOU AREN'T WORTH IT! There's nothing you could do that could surpass me, yet the universe chose you anyway!" the girl seemed troubled.

"So just give me your position already! If you do, I'll make your death quick, you won't feel a thing!" the girl suddenly sounded desperate. "I-I can't! I don't even know what..'position'..you're talking about! I don't know anything!" you shook your head frantically at the girl.

"STOP IT! JUST GIVE ME YOUR POSITION! I JUST WANT THE POWER SO I WON'T FEEL SO ALONE ANYMORE!" the girl's voice went out of control, you could hear the despair in her voice. You heard her running towards you, and the sound of something shard being pulled out.

You screamed, full voice. The last thing you saw was a large metal object, it was either a large knife or a huge pair of scissors. But the thing that made your eyes widen in shock was the girl's hair. You saw strands of pure white hair come into into the light. Her hair was just like...

"Y/N L/N!" you heard a loud voice call for you from downstairs. You jolted up, sweat pooling down your forehead. Your heart was beating out your chest as you panted painfully. It was...just a nightmare. Just a nightmare, there was no need to be scared of your skin about it.

Your room door swung open and there stood your angry mother. "What are you doing!? You're going to be late for school! Get out of bed!" your mother lectured. You jumped out of bed and immediately began getting ready. There as no use pondering about it now...

.

.

.

.

.

"Y/N-chan, you were late to school today? Anything wrong?" Yashiro asked, running up to your desk which you were laying on. You decided not to trouble her. "No, I had another bad night. I really need to do something about it, don't I?" you chuckled light-heartedly. Yashiro frowned.

"Take care of yourself, please. It looks like the life is being drained of you!" Yashiro put a comforting hand on your back and rubbed it. "Alright, alright. I'll be fine, Nene-chan, I've just been studying a tad bit too much. A quick rest will do the trick, " you reassured her.

Yashiro seemed a little skeptical, but she nodded. "Y/N-chan, if you ever need help, just come to me or Aoi. We'll make you feel better in no time!" Yashiro gave you one of her sweet smiles. You tiredly smiled back and nodded and the girl ran back to her desk and sat down quietly.

Sighing, you massaged your temples in order to calm yourself down. Thinking about it would make you feel worse, so it's better to just focus on something else. Footsteps made their towards the desk behind you, and you raised your head to take a peek at them. Your eyes widened.

"M-Morning, L/N-san!" Yui exclaime a little nervously, her cheeks a faint red colour. You gazed at her figure, taking in her pure white hair tied into pigtails. Yui ran to her seat and you were left there, your heart racing as you recognized that hair from the nightmare that had scared you.