Chapter 21: Into another serotonin overflow

Tine's POV

"Ah, I think I crammed my neck and my back hurts. I told you the pillows at the hotel rooms were too soft."

We were returning back from our two-day trip which felt all too blissful. The hotel was nice, the beach was nice, swimming with Sarawat in the salty waters was nice, sharing a meal with him under the sun and getting tanned with him was nice. Being with Sarawat all day long was even nicer. We hadn't even reached home yet, and I already wanted to go back to the beach. It reminded me of our work trip for the seminar when I thought Sarawat was just the devil who had latched on to me.

"Or may be it was because you kept yelling 'yes please' and 'harder' all night." He smirked without taking his eyes off the road and his hands on the steering wheel.

Okay, I take it back. He might still be the devil who has lured me in.

"SARAWAT, I DID NOT DO ANY OF THAT!"

"Really? And you did not crawl on my side of the bed intentionally in the middle of the night?"

"I—I was cold. I wanted your blanket."

"You weren't even wearing any clothes when you crawled inside my blanket — may be that was the reason you were cold, Tine?"

"SARAWAT GUNTITHANON!" I yelled. "Do you plan on going home alone?"

He chuckled. "Oh come on. Just admit it already—"

That's Sarawat's phone started ringing. The car screen flashed 'Mom' on it with the phone connected to the car bluetooth.

Sarawat touched a button on the screen to pick up the call.

"Hey Mom. I am driving."

"Wat, where are you?" There was a sense of urgency in her voice. I was sure Sarawat could sense it as well.

"I—I am a little outside the city. What's wrong mom?"

"We are still in Tokyo, but Phukong-- he hurt his foot today."

"What happened?"

"I am not sure exactly. He slipped somewhere in the house. He's alone and he is refusing to go to the doctor. Could you go take a look at him?"

"Of course mom. I should reach home in half an hour."

"Okay. Let me know as soon as you reach? Take him to the doctor and tell me what the doctor says. We can take the late night flight here and get home by morning."

"No mom, don't worry so much. I am sure he is just fine. You don't have to come back. I'll call you as soon as I get home, okay? Don't worry."

Sarawat kept down the phone. I could see he was already worried even though he had just told his mother not to worry.

"Wat, do you-- do you want me to come with you?"

Sarawat turned towards me suddenly. "Would that be okay?"

"Of course. I mean... there isn't anyone else at home apart from Phukong who might see me, right?"

"Ah no. He's alone."

"Right..." I looked down at my shoes trying to control all the anxiety building in me. The last time I had visited Sarawat's mansion of a house, it had left me feeling overwhelmed and made me realise how different we were. I thought I would never go back there again. But here I was, going right back again because I just couldn't leave Sarawat looking so worried.

"You know..." I said, breaking my silence. "When I went to your house the first time, I'd assumed there would be dozens of house staff managing the whole place. But now that I remember, there wasn't anyone else at your parent's house the last time I went there too — Just you and Phukong. I think there were only some security guards outside the main gates."