Chapter 1: Bullshit

Banner art by: archer_deadman on instagram (:

Welcome to my first official chapter of this book. Hello if you're here (:

I dunno if it'll like still give people notifs that follow me but oh well.

Enjoy <3

CW: Bullying/fighting, talk about discrimination/abuse to hybrids

\\_______^~~~~~~~^_______/

Wilbur could say the jabs and taunts didn't hurt anymore but that just wasn't true. He just got better at acting like they didn't. Today however, the jeers and gibes from his classmates at him and his arachnid friend stung like a slap to the face..or a wasp with a jagged stinger. Whatever it was they were definitely venomous. Today instead of the usual mock honey slipped into the insults of his peers, all he could hear was pure hatred. And it hurt his ears. His soft furry ears. They stared like he was an abomination, a vile stain of bug guts someone had squished into the concrete the day prior.

It wasn't even uncommon for hybrids to roam about in society, they were technically still human. Well, at least to Wilbur. A few feral hybrids was all it took for their reputation to be stomped into the gutter. Maybe it was because the humans were afraid. That or they were hateful creatures who took it out on things they didn't understand. Whatever it was, it didn't give Quackity the right to pour clam chowder over his head at lunch.

All he was trying to do was eat his peanut butter and jelly sandwich with his friend Schlatt, and survive the school day just like everyone else. So yes, he was absolutely thrilled to have the schools cold week old (probably) clam chowder dripping down his hair and into his lap.

"Aww, looks like the Kitty's gonna have to take a bath. Bet you don't like water do you..?" Quackity taunted with mock sadness lacing his tone.

Wilbur didn't look up, he didn't have to see Quackity to imagine the smug grin that was plastered across his stupid entitled face.

"What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?" He jeered, earning a chorus of laughs from surrounding tables watching it all go down.

"fuck off.." Wilbur growled

At this, Quackity's expression fell. His jokey tone dropped to anger. Something that would be intimidating if Wilbur wasn't already fed up with his bullshit.

"What did you say to me?"

"I said.. Fuck off Quackity."

"Awe, but we were having so much fun weren't we Wilbur?"

"No. We weren't." Wilbur seethed through his teeth

"Wil..." Schlatt began, putting a hand on his shoulder in a weak attempt to calm him

"Hm, maybe you should listen to your boyfriend.." Quackity smirked, knowing it would get a reaction out of him

Schlatt took his hand off Wilburs shoulder.

"Watch out! He might bite you" Someone from Quackity's table shouted back, they all laughed.

"He could if he had fangs!"

Schlatt had gotten them forcibly removed as a kid because he was apparently a hazard. This is just surface level shit of what they do to hybrids.

Wilbur had had enough. His brows furrowed as he stood up and walked over to Quackity. He backed up as Wilbur's claws retracted. With a hiss and a swipe of his hand, he had ended up in the principles office, leaving quackity with a nasty scar across his eye. Wilbur didn't feel bad. He just hoped that Schlatt was okay.