𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑜

Start from the beginning

Benjamin looked up and said, "Well I see the mother is making a plan for Mr. Bingley's marriage, and her husband doesn't care about it as such." I sit down on my chair and Benjamin looks at me with regret. "Listen, I'm sorry if my question overwhelms you."

"No, you didn't. It's just, communication is the key, right?" Benjamin nods, "You have to know someone with deeper conversion just depends on time. So whenever we both need deeper communication, we can trust in time." Benjamin and I smile at each other as we cling to our glasses for a promise.

After our conversation, Benjamin and I walk again on this falling sunset around town... Thank god again, I decided with vans instead of heels. I wouldn't walk a mile in those. Benjamin asks me where our next destination can be. I know where exactly we can go.

Now we stop on the bench under the light post, looking at the view of Tower Bridge. The most famous bridge of all London. Many stories of literature and movies are based on this. The glowing of orange to light pink behind the bridge with cars driving by each lane on the bridge. "This view is always beautiful in this time. There's nothing beautiful than this..."

"I disagree." Benjamin was gazing at me again. My cheeks feel red and warm. I could never get these chills out whenever I'm with him. What are these feelings I have towards him?

Suddenly, there was violin music playing somewhere. There was a string quartet playing Clair de Lune, Debussy. My favorite... I get up to see where they are and the quartet is by the end of the bridge, but I can still hear the music. Benjamin went along with me and took a view of the quartet as I feel him looking down at me.

I look down at my hands, playing with my fingers. "At the risk of you laughing at me, again" I giggle. "Would you like to dance with me?" I hesitated; full of shock and surprise. Benjamin read my expression, "I'm sorry. It was a stupid idea." and then look back at the bridge.

I turned to him and looked at his eyes, "No, it wasn't. It's just- this is the first time someone asks me that..."

He looks at me with passion and care. He clings with my left hand, our hands together pale and light-colored, and guides me in the middle of the sidewalk under the fading light post. I put my right hand on his shoulder and he lead.

Never thought in my 21 years I would be dancing with a man I met hours ago and gives me a sense of comfort and happiness at this moment. My dream moment: dancing Clair de Lune with my partner on the sidewalk in front of Tower Bridge in the sunset. I laid my head on his shoulder as he laid against mine until the music stopped.

I lift my head from his shoulder and gaze at his eyes. He starts to look at my eyes and to my lips and back to my eyes. Start to lean down as I lean forward and close my eyes. This is it! This is that moment... The timing is perfect. Timing... oh my gosh!

I opened my eyes to realize, "Oh my gosh, what time is it?" I look at the clock on the street, IT'S 7:30!! "Oh, no. I have to go." I start to pack my stuff including Little Women and turn to Benjamin, "I'm so sorry. It's been a wonderful meeting with you and tonight was..., but I have something to attend and I'm late."

"Lia, it's all right. It's alright. I could offer you my number, so you won't go Cinderella on me." We laugh together. Benjamin writes his number down on the spare of the due date card from the library and gives it to me. No last name, just Benjamin with a phone number. I couldn't call him Just Benjamin, can I? "It was... very nice to meet you. I'm glad my boss demands that I rent a book from the library in the first place."

"Thank you, Benjamin, today is... We shall meet again, Benjamin." Benjamin nodded with a smile and I left with a warmth of a smile on my face as I call the taxi.