"Which one am I supposed to look at?" Jay whispered loudly.

"I am known as Janus," the face on the left said.

"God of doorways, gates, and transitions," the right face followed.

Misako gasped, covering her mouth. "I've read about you before. I didn't think you were..."

"Real?" Righty said, almost mockingly. "Mortals—they never believe."

"Oookay, Janus," Nya said, attempting to diverge the topic. "If you don't mind, we're just trying to pass through so if you could just—"

"STOP right there, little lady," Lefty shouted, shooting a glare at the water ninja.

"We shall let you pass," Righty said.

"If and only if you correctly answer two riddles," Lefty finished. "You have three tries for each riddle."

"And if we don't answer correctly?" Wu dared to ask.

Lefty chuckled darkly. "Then this happens."

Before your mind could register it, a giant spike of rock shot out from a wall, aiming directly at Wu who fortunately dodged it in time.

The spike shattered on impact against the rocky wall.

Your foot subconsciously took a step back as your mouth dropped.

If you answered wrong, you would get annihilated by a huge fucking spike?

The others looked at the shattered spike tensely.

Facing Janus with squared shoulders, Lloyd said, "We'll take the challenge. Give us the first riddle."

"Gladly," Lefty chuckled again, causing uncomfort to crawl all over you.

You really hoped the ninjas were good at riddles.

"What is it that cannot open any locks and yet has 24 keys?" Righty recited. "Oh and by the way, time is ticking."

Everyone huddled together to discuss.

"I bet the answer is fire," Kai immediately said with confidence.

Nya smacked his head. "No, you dummy! It doesn't even make sense!"

"Master? Mom? Any ideas," Lloyd looked to the adults.

"The answer is always discipline," Wu nodded.

"Wu, that doesn't make sense either," Misako shook her head. "What can have 24 keys? I'm not sure if it's a physical object."

"Ooh ooh," Jay raised his hand as if he was a student in class. "What about a door with 24 keyholes? It can't open locks, but it has 24 keys because 24 keys are needed to open it!"

You considered it.

It didn't sound like it was the correct answer, but so far, it was the only one that made sense.

"I think the answer is more simple than that," Zane provided his insight.

"Can't open locks...has 24 keys...." you muttered to yourself.

What could that be?

Something with 24 keys?

"Tick tock, tick tock," Righty taunted. "You have 15 seconds left to give your first answer."

"Ugh I hate riddles," Cole grumbled.

Your brain ran through anything related to keys.

Locks...

the silent siren [ninjago x reader]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें