Volume 2, Chapter 8

The Girl Soldier and Her Everything

Battlefields were like butterflies. They swayed and swayed, lives wandering about infinitely without a destination.

"I am going to break down their vanguard artillery."

Battles were like businesses. Filled with lies and truths, bargaining, deceptions. Things progressed with revenues and losses.

"I'll back you up. But Violet, this fight isn't only yours. Don't forget that."

The bigger the proportion, the lower the chances of the ones that had started said battles to be in them. They would throw their soldiers into the blazing flames like chess pieces on a board.

"I recognize that. However, I alone can suffice for a breakthrough. I concluded that involving others would be unnecessary."

Although the soldiers were bundled up together, that was, in fact, a gathering of distinct individuals.

"War is not something personal of yours. Victory is reached through the cooperation of all soldiers."

With so many of them, there were surely those who were bound to become very close to one another in the mass of people.

"I understand. As a soldier, I shall grant you victory, Major. And protect you. That is what I exist for."

Even if the color of their skin, the words that would spew from their lips or everything they had on them were reproved, everyone was the same at the beginning of all. Were they dismembered, there would be no difference in the composition of their blood, flesh or bones. However, even the bodies of snowy countries' young men and southern nations' boys were currently sinking within the soil of what was the motherland of none of them.

"I am fine. Prioritize your own body."

The interchange from life to death occurred naturally, due to the existence of a greater cause.

"Major, I am your tool; your weapon. Weapons... exist to protect their wielders. Please do not say that to me. The word you always use... is enough for an order. Please say it. 'Kill'."

If so, what happened in the meantime that said cause was lost?

Emerald green orbs darkened. In a battlefield of scorching grassland and deluging dirt, the Lord and his subordinate locked eyes with each other. The subordinate kept by the Lord was a beautiful monstrosity. Said monstrosity prided in being the strongest fighter, and was as ignorant as she was innocent. Until the time when her eyelids would close for eternity, she would not know the feeling of having her body burn. There was conviction but no salvation for her. Her hands never held onto anything, and she would most likely continue living that way.

"Violet."

She was definitely destined to do so.

"Kill."