"Okay. Let's go see how many pudding cups we can fit in our pockets then." I suggested, patting my pockets.

"I'm on board with that." Max nodded.

"Ooh, yeah!" Nikki threw her macaroni away. "I think we can hit twenty this time." She squinted in determination before turning to look to her other side. "What do you think, Neil?" Neil's spot was empty.

"Wait, where's Neil?" Max rose an eyebrow, looking around.

"I don't know. Damn. We needed his pockets." I slouched.

"Yeah. They're deep." Nikki whispered to us.

"You lookin' for Neil?" A rough voice spoke up. We turned to see Nurf holding Harrison upside down by his ankles with one hand.

We got up and walked over to them. Nikki pointed at Nurf with her hands on her hips.

"What do you know, Nurf?" She crossed her arms, suspicious.

"Nothing. I'd just like to be included for once. I feel like I'm just always in the background of your adventures." Nurf shrugged and looked away.

"I mean, that's mainly because you bully kids constantly, Nurf." Said Max. "You're kind of an asshole."

"That's not true! I'll kill you!" Nurf yelled, throwing his hands down causing Harrison to slam his head on the floor. Nurf shook his head and calmed himself down. "Sorry, sorry. I'm working on my issues."

"What'd you do with Neil, Nurf!" Nikki demanded, pointing at Nurf with an accusing finger. "Did you shove him in a locker? Make him prom queen only to cover him in blood!?"

"Back off! I only bully Neil Tuesdays, Thursdays, and nondenominational holidays. I understand he celebrates the sabbath." Nurf said.

"That's considerate." I nodded in approval and Nurf smiled a little with pride.

"Maybe he vanished!" Harrison said making confetti blow up from behind him. Nurf knocked him against the wall making a dove fly out of his jacket.

Max sighed. "Have you guys at least seen him?"

"I saw him with the space kid this morning." Harrison groaned.

Max huffed and rolled his eyes. "I guess we'll track him down."

"Ooh! A mystery! A murder mystery!" Nikki grabbed my arm and shook it.

"Nope, just a normal one." Max said.

Nikki squeezed my arm making me cringe. "Or is it..."

"It is."

Nikki released my arm making me sigh in relief and rub my arm, feeling the circulation come back. "Hmm. You seem pretty confident about that." She pointed her accusatory finger at Max. "Where were you on the night of—"

"Shut up." Max cut her off, turning around. "Let's go find him."

"Mystery time!" Nikki shouted excitedly as we followed behind Max.

We tracked Space Kid down and sat him on a chair for interrogation. Max paced slowly in front of him and I was leaning against the wall cooly, trying to be intimidating as Nikki was behind the lunch counter watching.