Chapter 14: The Climb

Start from the beginning

I knew that I should reign it in, apologize before I made it worse, but I just didn't have it in me to stop. My words crashed out unchecked, unaltered.

"AND WHY? BECAUSE YOU NEVER EVER CARED ABOUT ME! YOU WERE JUST TOO BUSY WITH JESSICA!"

My second voice was urging me to stop, but this was an explosion in progress, no reverse gear, no dampeners. My every word was clipped, punching into the air. I jabbed the air with a pointed finger at each utterance, my eyes narrowed and set hard.

"I AM REALLY SICK OF ALL THESE NONSENSE."

"Guys", Joey finally stood between us and called out, getting our attention.

"I think that what's important now is to find Jessica asap."

I noticed Mark balling up his fists before he released it again. He cooled himself down a bit before he spoke, looking at me with his glazed eyes.

"Right. We should split up and find her now. If anything goes wrong or if you can't find her, I don't know what to say about our relationship either."

He finally said it.

He used our relationship to threaten me.

In my heart, everything had already shattered into pieces. But I still managed to bite into my lips and threw him a smirk.

"I am sorry to say but I can't join you."

"And what's the reason to it? Looks like you really want her to die uh?", he shot me an unbelievable look.

"What if", I paused and thought of how I should phrase it,

"What if I tell you that I might die too if I go up there alone? Will you believe me?" I stared into his eyes and pointed up at the mountain.

This is the last chance. This is the last chance I'm giving him and myself.

"No, I don't. I don't even know how I should face you anymore...", he shook his head depressingly at me.

"Well, thank you for that answer Mark. I will listen to you this one last time and I'll make sure that I find back YOUR Jessica."

With that being said, I turned my body and set out on my journey.

Stay strong, Wendy.

-
-
-

YUGYEOM'S POV

"Sorry Papa Tuan, but do mind driving a little faster?", I hurried him as I was panicking all over.

"Why? You chose sleep in and now you can't wait to join them already?", he laughed and I faked a smile at him.

Neither did he know that right now in my heart, I was praying fervently that noona is still waiting for me.

-
-
-

MARK'S POV

"Mark? Do you think that it's fine to leave Wendy alone? Do you want me to go and check up on her instead?"

"No, just let her be." I didn't know why but I said it rather coldly.

"But the route she had taken... It was the most risky route... And plus what she had said.."

"You believe her, don't you?"

Joey let out a soft gasp when he noticed that I have caught him.

"No, I didn't mean that..."

"Then just shut up and open your eyes wide for Jessica."

After heeding my advice, Joey stayed entirely quiet during our journey up.