Chapter 2 The Airport

The car ride is feels so long to get to Newark airport from, Wayne, NJ. I'm bored too. "Mom, I'm bored." I said. "If you're bored in a long car ride, then you can look for each letter of the alphabet." She said. I was glad she didn't say that if I was bored, I had issues.

I was on Q when, I saw the airport! Q is impossible. Mom turned away from the airport. "Mom, the airport is that way." I said. "No we go here first." She said. There was a sign that said, Wally Park. We pulled into the driveway. When I got out of the car, I was freezing. My teeth were even chattering. A man said that inside the building, there was hot chocolate. I darted in. All I needed right now was, hot chocolate.

"The bus is here, let's go." Said dad. I hopped in. "Is this bus going to take us to the airport?" I asked. "Yes." Said dad. The ride was very bumpy. It was hard to drink my hot chocolate.

Finally, we got to the airport. I had no idea where to go. We had to go and weigh our baggage. The first thing Stella did when she saw the scale was, go over and see how much she weighed. "Stella, seriously. We already know what the scale will say. It will say, one person at a time." Said Austin. I laughed. Mom didn't seem to be happy about that joke. She said, "Don't be mean to your little sister." "But mom, you've got to admit that was a good joke." Said Austin. After all our baggage was weighed, dad and I went to put the baggage on the plane.

Next, we had to go through security. That always takes a long time. The line is really long. Waiting is so boring. There is a door with a sign that says, "If you see any suspicious activity, please report it immediately." Maybe that's what I can do now. I waited for a while. I saw a man sprint past security, without anybody except me noticing. "Mom, I saw the guy on TV go past security!" I yelled. Just then, I saw a black suitcase get chugged down the same route that the guy took. Suddenly, all the metal detectors went off.

"They are hiding over there!" Austin yelled pointing to a door. We hastily went through security. We took our backpacks and boots off. The metal detectors stopped. Now, all of us walked through the metal detector. It never beeped. We put our boots and backpacks on.

Finally, we could go to the plane. On the moving walkway, Stella randomly looked behind me. I was at the back. She screamed. I looked behind me. Suddenly, I saw the guys again, crouched behind me! One of them put a finger on his mouth, signaling for me to be quiet. I didn't listen to him. I yelled for help. After we got off the moving walkway, we ran. My family gets to the waiting area. I sit down, and play Minecraft.