OS | Hey, I Missed You

Mulai dari awal

"pata nahi yeh Khushi kahan reh gai!" Payal mumbled irritated.

Payal and Anjali stood by the door, waiting for Khushi to rush. She had excused herself by saying that she needed to go to the bathroom and pick up her purse before they head out for gift shopping for the incoming guests, however, it had been close to half an hour and they were contemplating going upstairs themselves to look for it.

They walked upstairs to find the door half ajar, and Khushi struggling whilst giggling while being held by Arnav against the cupboard door.

The two women looked at each other before knocking and pushing the door open. "Arnav ji, chodiye!" she wasn't quite enough for the others to not hear.

"Chotte! Ghar me itna sara kam para hai! Diwali ki renovations and then NK bhai ki family aur tum Khushi ji ko neeche aane nahi de rahe ho!"

"Haan toh!" he replied indignantly.

"Haan toh kiya!" she snapped back before walking up close enough for his grip to loosen on Khushi's arm. Arnav gaped as his sister pulled away from his wife from him who clearly appeared more amused than upset at the dry spell this week had been for them. Payal tried being considerate to Arnav's gaping expression by saying sorry however it did little to help since she was barely able to contain her laughter at the predicament in front of her.

---

Arnav had decided to come home early, leaving tasks pending for the first time in perhaps six months so he was able to whisk Khushi away from everyone before dinner. He had miscalculated his steps since the arrival of the guests about five minutes before he entered the gates of Shantivan ensured that Payal and his wife would be held ransom until the guests were taken to their rooms.

He walked in to be greeted by NK who had previously left India only about three months ago. "Nannav! mere bhai! Did you miss me?"

Arnav grumbled a no and uncomfortably patted NK's back who had thrown his arms around him.

"How was the flight?" he inquired.

"Flight? Oh, it was great! Drank some champagne, watched some Harry Potter, dreamt about Khushi ji's jalebis!"

Arnav looked at him incredulously. If he could punch NK for talking about Khushi's food, he would but he knew that that would be quite unacceptable.

"Arnav ji!" Khushi breathed, excusing herself from the group to walk over to him. He smiled at her, hoping that she wouldn't be called back but before he could say anything, NK popped in between the two with a sneaky grin. "Come on guys, you see each other every day. Spend some time with us."

Khushi chuckled before meeting her husband's eyes who looked like he could chop someone's head off. NK made sure to poke Arnav a couple of times before walking away.

"Why don't you freshen up. We're going to set up for dinner."

"Are you coming upstairs?" he was about to lean in to kiss her cheek when the door opened behind him and Akash walked in to cheerfully greet his aunt and cousin from the entrance itself.

"I have to help Di and Jiji!" she replied apologetically. He sighed nodding and turned to see Akash holding Payal's hand while sitting next to NK.

About half an hour later, Arnav walked downstairs to seat himself for dinner. There were two empty seats were next to Akash at the end of the table, and one next to him. He pulled open his seat and pushed the one next to his for Khushi except an over-eager NK decided to seat himself. "Thanks, mere Bhai!"

It had taken all of his energy to politely nod along to any question asked of him during dinner before he excused himself. Khushi however, had become the life of the party alongside NK. He contemplated pulling her up from the seat but seeing that she was still eating, he tapped her shoulder and whispered, telling her he's waiting for her; before leaving.

---

It was past midnight when Khushi made an appearance in their bedroom. After pacing around for close to two hours, Arnav had fallen asleep without pulling the covers on himself. Khushi walked over towards him, moving the hair off his forehead to see if he was awake. She had found herself exceptionally busy in preparation for Mami's sister's entire family and with Diwali around the corner, she was sure that the weekend was going to go by just as fast. She heaved a sigh before walking over to pull out her nightclothes and walking into the bathroom.

Arnav found himself being roused out of sleep. For a moment he thought that he was imagining her touch, but the sound of lock and running sink water from the bathroom brought him out of the momentary haze. He sat up noticing the blanket tucked around him. Khushi walked out of the bathroom at the same instant.

"Aap jageh hue ho?"

She was about to get into the bed when he took her hand and pulled her towards him with as much force as he could muster so that she felt square onto him. She smiled, looking up at him and allowing herself to fall into the depths of warmth and love his eyes always seemed to welcome.

"I missed you," he whispered

"Me too," she replied

He leaned in, his hand holding onto hers, his lips slowly finding hers. They tasted like jalebis and barfis, the sweets she probably had been eating before. The kiss deepened as her hands wandered towards his torso and rested on his chest. Part of her wanted to pull away and fall asleep knowing the chores lined up for tomorrow but she had missed him so much throughout the week. He breathed in her scent before breaking away. He kissed her forehead before wrapping his arms around her as she pulled the blankets up for them. Her head fell from the crook of his elbow to his shoulder, her hands clutching onto his t-shirt, and in mere seconds she was snoring. He chuckled at her ability to fall asleep instantly and half of her body resting over his, as he himself closed his eyes welcoming the most peaceful sleep he was about to have in a week's time.